Un American news

Could this be a problem with syndicated news? Major orgs like AP, AFP, TR, etc. will often be republished on multiple sites, or at least sourced with extra spicy added for clickbait.

1 Like

NPR was the original source of that story. The rest of the outlets that reported it followed their lead. As of this evening, none have offered retractions.

Nina Totenburg was the reporter. Same gal who tried to sink Justice Clarence Thomas way back when he was in the confirmation process.

Anyone who relies on a one sided bias for their news is getting a distorted picture of reality. Be it left or right.

Probably was. I never tracked down the “original” source of the fake news…

Cool, now I recall NPR was like “We stand by Nina’s reporting”.

Right…

I’m thinking Nina got caught by her confirmation bias.

Talk about Un-American… sheesh.

I listen to NPR daily when driving. It’s always been left of center. In the past decade it’s drifted more so to the left. Their coverage of President Trump and all things Russian was off the charts.

Nina Totenburg is a hack. I have a book around here somewhere from when she was championing Anita Hill.

Journalism is on it’s last leg. Used to be opinion pieces were just that. Now they’re often used as a source for news. With everyone having their own experts.

I’ve listened to it since I was a kid, basically. They have gone whole-hog SJW/AGW OMG.

Some of the economic/money shows are still worth listening too, though.

I keep waiting for some foreign power to do the world a favor, invade the Vatican City, execute the Pope, all the Cardinals, and the Bishops, and then liquidate the holdings of the church and put the funds from them into a reparation fund for the sex abuse survivors.

1 Like

After the mafia gets their share, of course.

1 Like

https://www.thejournal.ie/red-cross-cyber-attack-hacked-5659878-Jan2022/?amp=1

Don’t they know we’re neutral?!?

Maybe they’ve heard - Hunt for new €200m vessel to replace ageing LÉ Eithne under way

Roll out that mighty Irish Navy!

You mean harmless?

1 Like
1 Like

Something something Connor McGregor

1 Like