There is no difference between mocking HIV and COVID19 patients

I feel like saying “fuck you, you should have got vaxxed” but I wouldn’t

Thatd be sensible if we had a working vaccine. We don’t.

Some times you sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist

Imagine if you got three measles shots and still got the measles. The shit doesn’t work.

I assume if I post information contrary to your view you will assume I’m a sheeple

Therein lies the problem.

1 Like

What efficacy rate would qualify as working?

I would start with less cases qualified as “breakthrough,” the industry and government not starting to think you need a 4th shot, and Omicron really not giving a fuck if you had any vax or not.

1 Like

I mean that’s all wrong or misleading, so I don’t know where you are going.

If the vaccine worked, there would be no “breakthrough.” We have culturally redefined vaccine to fit this “pandemic.”

4th shot is wrong or misleading?

Omicron not caring about your vax status?

1 Like

Vaccines have not been redefined. The term has a definition that is unchanged.

A fourth vaccine to help the immuno compromised is basically a shot in the dark. Based on not wanting such people to die.

And omicron seems to infect people at a higher rate but so far those that are vaccinated are not getting as nearly as sever a response to the variant as the unvaccinated

The term has been culturally redefined. You don’t get an annual flu vaccine, you get an annual flu shot (if you so choose, and there’s another bumpy road, right there).

When was the last time you had MMRV vaccine?

I would probably need a booster if measles mumps or rubella were widely circulating among the population.

2 Likes

I have received my DHPP too.

When I went to Mexico to do geology field work (both times), while in grad school, I got vaxxed for some different tropical diseases. Man, did that make me sick for about 18 hours or so.

1 Like

Dude

If this is your best argument, you ain’t got nothin"

The current vaccines have serious flaws.
We need better COVID19 vaccines.
And better COVID19 therapeutics.
This is not really a matter of debate, from scientific perspective.

1 Like

Do you suggest people should not take the C19 vaxes until they are better?

Some people will have adverse reactions to given therapeutics.

If a person is in that category, then in many cases, sure, they should avoid that therapeutic.

In the case of a person that is not likely to have a severe adverse reaction, then leaky vaccines, and preliminary vaccines, that do some good, even if not perfect, are in many cases better than no vaccines.

Likewise, the criticisms of other therapeutics that were or are not universally nor completely effective, as opposed to only effective for some, or marginally effective, when other therapeutics were not available or did not work well enough for that patient, were misplaced.

In fast moving epidemics, where fatalities or severe cases can occur, we fight for inches.

And there are supply chain race conditions.

Further, in fast moving epidemics, vaccines that are partially effective, with reasonable adverse reaction profiles, may not only save more lives than they take, but may be very helpful in helping to keep the hospitals from getting backed up like bad plumbing.