The Ukraine Thread - War Edition

Reports of a maternity hospital in Mariapol getting shelled

Women in labour amongst the wounded

I don’t know how to caption this. I’ve seen a lot of fucked up shit on the web but never in my life…
…fucking hell…

Is it just me or is Russia underperforming? Total shit show it seems.

18 year old conscripts aren’t cutting it.

Could be that they are to some degree trying to limit casualties as they consider Ukrainians Russian .

They must have as part of their plan that a significant amount of Ukrainians will be pro Russia after this or their puppet government wouldn’t work .

The only other strategy would be to completely flatten the place which we know they are more than capable of doing and in fact in the British press many have commented with surprise that they haven’t done this yet from air and sea.

It may be a subtle or not so subtle vote of no confidence by the Russia military, and Russia people, regarding Putin.

What confused me today is seeing that NATO had posted a picture of the Ukrainian Nazi regiment in support and then removed it when they realised what they had done .

Now I appreciate that the term Nazi has kinda been over used and in Appropriately attributed to people these days but these are bonafide proper 100% Hitler loving Nazis.

If a month ago you showed me a video of a Russian soldier shooting one of them I’d have congratulated him .

I don’t think there are many circumstances that could make me fight along side one .

If aliens came down to invade and a Nazi was standing next to me I’d shoot him and then the alien .

Not to say that Russia is doing the right thing but the current Good vs Evil narrative is beginning to look like Big wankers vs little wankers .

They’re underperforming, quite badly to be honest.

It should never be Good vs Bad. The neo-Nazi Azov battalion are an unfortunate aspect of the Ukrainian forces, the Russians have equally deplorable units.

The important thing is that both sides have decent people that really don’t want this war to happen; and that’s member of both opposing militaries.

1 Like

They seem to be in the north , but doing well in the South

I have a theory

The RF seems to have ironed out their “logistic difficulties” in the northern offensive

The giant armoured car park has dispersed

But my social media and TV is full of Ukrainian flags and cry’s of support for them winning the war.

Personally I would prefer a more generic all encompassing anti war stance .

As you would perhaps with two children fighting when standing between them .

Anything out of Putin’s miuth is a carefully calculated lie. The longer you spend equivocating the longer he can get away with whatever mad scheme he’s on unhindered.
Who gives a shit about the why fors and the what ifs?
This is the new reality.
So what are we, as a free and self determined people, going to do about it?

Define “well”.

They still haven’t taken Maruipol yet or even made a move on Odessa. Terrorizing unarmed civilians isn’t exactly a boon in any real material sense so explain your nut riding.

“I have a theory” that’s it? “I have a theory”?

Why do I imagine you clapping like a seal and making “urf urf” noises when you present these completely unsuported proclamations of grand insight?

Fuck you wan? A free fish?

My wife has family who have fled to Western Ukraine. Who probably don’t have a home to return too

They are not Nazis.

She has a second cousin who is delivering food and ammunition in a rusted Toyota Hilux around the capital.

not a Nazis.

This is not two children fighting. This is war.

Where civilians who were just trying to go about their lives get blown apart over the ambition of a tyrant.

One side clearly brought this fight upon the other. What did Ukraine do, to justify this too you?

2 Likes

Ukraine is not a Nazi state though, don’t treat it like one based on the presence of them.

Lantern’s beaten me to it but it boils down to this, a nation has been invaded without provocation and it’s civilian population is taking the brunt of the invasion. As much as I feel for the Russian people and some elements of the Russian military and as much as I’d love to see peace, Russia has it coming from this attack.

Mariopol is being rubblised

Kiev not so much

A land corridor has been established, though tenuous

I am against war .

Russia was wrong to attack Ukraine .

Ukraine is not the innocent righteous democracy the media currently portrays it to be .

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/oct/11/yulia-tymoshenko-jailed-ukraine-pariah

“Ukraine shut the book on its flirtation with democracy and European integration on Tuesday when it sentenced former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko to seven years in prison in a trial widely seen as a political witch-hunt.
The EU said it was “deeply disappointed” in the conviction and vowed to review links with the country. It had issued repeated warnings to President Viktor Yanukovych that a guilty verdict would derail negotiations that had been on the verge of forging unprecedented ties between Brussels and Kiev.”

“Tymoshenko has been Yanukovych’s chief political rival for nearly a decade, co-leading the Orange Revolution that kept him from coming to power in 2004 as Ukraine bucked Russian influence in favour of forging closer ties with the west.”

That doesnt mean I think the country deserves to be attacked, it should not have been .

Innocent people will die because politicions are fuckwits.

I am just struggling to see much difference between Russia and Ukraine other than one is bigger and doesnt get along with the west and the other is smaller and does.

You know what happened in 2014 right?

Viktor Yanukovych is still living in Russia.

Compared to most of the West, Ukraine is no saint. Compared to Russia, it’s the Virgin Mary.