The Quiverfull: The Christian Patriarchy Movement and Related Cults

Well, it tends to work for people who are already successful. Self fulfilling prophecy. There is a lot of positive thinking type stuff involved, too.

It does go back to some earlier doctrine though.

The entire Mormon thing is built on similar thinking.

Itā€™s such a shame Broadway is still shut down.

I canā€™t even describe the show during this song, I might offend some Christians, which is actually something I try to avoid (offending people).

Matt and Trey have no such filter.

It should go without saying, because Trey and Matt, but this musical is not safe for children or fundies.

1 Like

Do you recall what happened the last time I went to Broadway, to see Alanis Morisetteā€™s Jagged Little Pill, February 2020?

The largest counter-terror response in NYC history since 9/11. 42nd St. was SHUT DOWN. I was even on CNN!

I still wonder if it was a real attack on Broadway, mostly because it was unprecedented. A month later COVID hit, and I lost the scent.

What does that have to do with this thread?

A lot of things. Abortion, LGBTQ rights, soccer moms addicted to heroin.

But mostly Religion-influenced terror events over the last 24 months, some of which have affected me personally, as a Christian male who studies cults, but especially the ones youā€™re documenting.

Did you ever watch ā€œBig Loveā€, with Bill Paxton?

Like, answer the question. What happened at the event you mentioned.

I remember you posting some drama.

1 Like

Another force seeking to eradicate me and those like me.

Bring it.

1 Like

You know saying orcs are evil, and using those old fantasy tropes are now seen as inherently racist and no longer socially acceptable. Just saying.

I used to see them that way, but now I just see them as very proactive. You wonā€™t see no greenskins hanging about, unlike them ā€˜umies.

Also, I am the Ork in this situation.

2 Likes

What are you talking about? How about not just posting cryptic photos?

Is this thread not about Christian patriarchy movements?

1 Like

A chemical attack on the Broadhurst theater on West 44th St. NYC.

Based on the response (which was massive, and included CT, K9, bomb squad response, an army of police, and half the FDNY), there is some speculation that it was an intentional attack based on the musicalā€™s subject matter, and recent GLAAD awards. No one was ever arrested or charged.

Before you chalk that up as imagination, consider that the musical had already received a number of threats prior, and Matt and Treyā€™s show down the street has gotten death threats over the Book of Mormon for years.

My point is that the rise of Christian militancy is on full display right now more than ever, and to support that argument Iā€™m just going to point to former Secretary Pompeo. From his words to the faithful Christian warriorsā€™ ears, eh?

ā€œWe Will Continue to Fight These Battles Until the Raptureā€

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/01/28/apocalyptic-ideas-influencing-pence-pompeo-could-also-power-left/

Thatā€™s half the fun of Bullshido, imo. If it tires you out, Iā€™ll be more direct with you.

I like games and theory, and Iā€™m pretty sure Dan plays a lot of tabletop wargames.

1 Like

Thanks for the response, I was kinda lost.

1 Like

Yes, it is. I donā€™t know you, so no idea why you would be threatened anymore than the rest of us who oppose suchā€¦utter bullshit.

This might be ā€œmansplaininā€ but I think itā€™s because this type of thing was the rhetoric used by our former Secretary of State to enter politics.

ā€œAmerica had worshipped other Gods and called it multiculturalism. Weā€™d endorsed perversion and called it an alternative lifestyleā€ - Mike Pompeo

Lumping other cultures and queer folk together as the enemy of God, eh Mikey? Where have I heard this before.

Thereā€™s so much gold in this mine, everything from Harry Potter books to Dungeons and Dragons to Alanis Morissetteā€™s musical.

God damn it, I miss Bill Paxton so much.

1 Like

Iā€™ve asked that several time already. Not because it tires me out, but because how about effective communication that does not involve you stroking your own ego with cryptic memes and references?

Yeah, Pompeo obviously drank the Kool Aideā„¢.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Great End-of-Trump Megapustule