TaeKwonDo side kick made great again (MTKDGA)

@User89 have you ever considered chainsaw kata to supplement your training?

Are you the TKD version of Charlie Z? Also who have you kicked with that round kick?

LMAO it sounds like your round kick is weak and he was wondering why you were trying to punk him

Guys who sparred for years and still suck

Been in many real fights, yes.

How many would you guess is “many”?

Count on one hand?

I’d say 7-9. Last one I was 18. Dragged out and forced to fight. Wanted to avoid suspension so I clinched without a guard and slammed him. He was a street scraper and elbowed me when I grabbed him, but I didn’t notice, just turned my hip on him and dunked him to the ground.

The strange thing was that he asked if I can fight and I replied that I don’t know. It’s weird when you’ve turned adult, and all fights were as a kid.

No, not school yard scuffles, actual fights against other people who could fight.

Fighter X does not beat fighter Y because he was more technically refined. I’m talking about their actual shots now.

Tbh, it’s often the other way around. Ali was far from the best technician in his day. Nor was Mayweather. Or roy jones jr. Or Jon Jones.

Benny Urquidez was a great technician…There’s no correlation. Some are, some not.

Guys who do well in kata competitons don’t always do well in kumite either. Often separate competitors.

Mayweather is such a good technical fighter he changed Canelo after their fight. Canelo changed the way he trained and fought after that fight, he was a different fighter.

Even Dempsy who looks like he’s just driving forward and being tough as nails wrote one of the most influential books in boxing (loads of technique). Nobody at that level is not good technically even if you can’t see it. Nobody who fights at that level doesn’t have a strategy. You should really go spar, although you’ve said a lot in the thread above, it’s clear you aren’t sparring or haven’t sparred. You understand that difference in skill very quickly while sparring someone better.

Yes reaction time plays a role, yes size and weight play a role, yes mental state of mind plays a role. If you are really small and you face someone really large, the only thing that can give you an edge is technical capability. The smaller you are the better you need to be.

There is no argument to be had here, in hindsight i suddenly feel like i was trolled into typing that response … pro boxers have no technique or aren’t technical, i mean, wtf? Have you got any idea how much competition there is to get to that spot? We aren’t talking your local TKD get together inter school comp. I’m out.

2 Likes

Mayweather does not have good technique.

This elbow flare would be trashed if anybody but him threw it.

He also throws his right hand chin up in the air and doesn’t sit down on it.

You are going to get yourself hurt one day.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

This is hilariously bad.

Instructor

Hobbyist.

Karate/TKD is filled with bullshido.

You would think that grappling arts would have more bullshido. You can’t disguise poor flexibility .

It’s phenomenal how the stiffest, most uncoordinated people seek arts that promote the opposite, even things like TKD that focuses on flexibility.

Utter amazement.

You are looking at it backwards. Form follows function.

But your point does get made from time to time.

I mean there is more nuance to it. But you are on to a thing.

We have world champions in both Boxing and MMA who fall over their own shots but bailed out with power.

So no it doesn’t follow. There are ways to get around being a shitty technican.

There are some guys who just move around better with superior chin and cardio and win that way.

Not at that level. Everyone has superior chins and cardio.

But looking in to say a jack slack technical breakdown of what may whether does. There is still a lot of depth.

Now if we go back to your round kick. You don’t have that depth. And are therefore a lot less technical.

And in a fight you would suffer for that.

(I know kicks vs punches. But i am trying to be meta)