Presidential Pardon Sweep Stake

What bearing does that have on the FBI investigation.

1 Like

It’s been quoted over and over in the roughly 3 kajillion news articles published on it in the last few weeks.

If it was a simple majority you can bet Republicans would be screaming to have the trial RFN while they still have the majority

If he is convicted if sedition, he will need 2/3 of both houses to be so much as a postal carrier. 14th Ammendment Clause 3.

1 Like

I would like to see one of these clowns from Capitol get executed.

I’d buy tickets so I could sit in the splash zone.

GET YOUR PARDONS HERE!

PARDONS!

PRESIDENTIAL PARDONS FOR CASH!

1 Like

FFS this is what drove Martin to write his thesis.

Let’s not get carried away now Daniel

I’m just amazed that indulgences are just as hamfisted now as they were then, Doofbert.

1 Like

It seems like a natural progression to me

Crooks be crooking

Caveat

I kind of hope DPR gets a pardon

A life sentence was harsh

Well you said all it produced was one thing. “Best the FBI could come up with”

Did you even read the report?

We invaded Russia. Not physically but…

I’m making a rhetorical point. #sarcasm

Are you familiar with the Trump cult cry of “silent majority” about 20 weeks ago?

A simple majority vote is all that’s needed, regardless of what the law says.

Mitch is gonna vote against Donald, dude. Whatever principles he has left demand it. If you were him? Go down in flames in the history books, or pull an Alexander Hamilton.

#1 Ivanka

I don’t believe he would be able to pardon himself. If a presidential self pardon was allowed it would set a precedent that in the future could see someone even worse than your current President committing worse atrocities and then pardoning his/herself.

2 Likes

There is nothing saying that he cannot. It would trigger what is known as a Constitutional crisis. Where the Supreme Court would have to act, or an Amendment passed.

1 Like

Constitutional crisis? Given recent ground assaults?

According to CNN, he’s supposed to be rolling out around 100 pardons and commutations tomorrow. None of them are currently planned to be Trumps or Capitol rioters but that can change on a whim. He’s also trying to get last minute executive orders out but is hindered by dwindling staff.

Is he hoping to off Biden via a hand cramp on the first day? I mean seriously any EOs put out that Biden doesn’t like will simply be canceled on day 1.

Julian Assange

If he wants to piss the democrats off exponentially and make main stream media both implode and explode at the same time on his way out then pardoning Assange is the way to do it.

Would be hilarious to watch and lets face it things are going to get allot less interesting (in a perversely humerous sense) when Trump eventually fades into whatever it is he is going to fade into after politics.

2 Likes

Biden already has a list of EOs to rescind on day 1. Plus he’s pulling the plug on the Keystone pipeline that day, which is pissing off a lot of Canadians.

Bloody hell, can you imagine if he pardons Snowden?

1 Like