Lab Leak Livestream Tonight at 8 CST

Not sure about “evil”

Amoral perhaps, inscrutable for sure

They certainly don’t bother paying lip service to religious moral structures as many free western governments do

Oh, I’m with Osiris on this one. The Chinese government has evil engineered quite well. So did the Third Reich. You can measure it by body count.

Are Chinese people inherently evil? Of course not, in fact many of the heroes of the pandemic were Chinese doctors who lost their lives just getting the word out of Wuhan.

What’s evil is the machine they are caught in. It’s not that different from the machine the QAnon cultists are caught in, a kind of “which way is up” mode that requires significant psychological deprogramming and trauma care. When someone else is pressing your buttons every hour of every day from a distance, you will always disassociate from reality, as with any sort of sensory deprivation.

By comparison, America hasn’t been directly causal in genocide in what, a couple hundred years. So not quite as evil as China. And our government doesn’t control our information for the most part (even if they monitor it).

One thing China has control over is their citizens’ information though. They’re set up (better than Russia which already controls the thoughts of a good portion of Americans through their various disinformation channels). The only real way to get valid information from outside into China is through rogue radio hotspots around the border. So the people in Wuhan have a very different view of the COVID era, one where their glorious nation defeated the virus quickly, and the imperious West is still losing the battle gracelessly because they’re all stupid white devils afraid of masks and change.

Well, fair enough

The burn is we all do business with evil

Our farmers and industrialists sell food and raw materials to them to fuel their evilness

We buy their evil manufactured goods and food stuffs

If China is evil, we are all complicit in thier evilness

Episode is up:

1 Like

Do I need to listen or is the answer; “No”.

And “this is why, you ignorant fucks”

Depends on how well-informed you are on the issue.

Absolutely most people need to listen, because most people are as well-informed on this subject as they are on anything else:

Not at all.

1 Like

Sadly I am unlikely to have time to listen to this for the next week or two.

If I was a gambling man id say it was a balanced debate on probabilities concluding that all options still remain on the table.

Possibly leaning towards one which as I dont know the two participants well enought id only be able to hazard a guess which I wont do for now.

I am leaning towards lab leak and have been for awhile now.

1 Like

That’s because of the media you consume. You’re paranoid and suspicious of Chinese warfare.

Don’t feel bad, it took me 15 years to overcome the same.

I would say the lab leak theory is quite likely due to various pieces of circumstantial evidence

I don’t think it was a bio weapon, just a normal bat virus combined with sloppy procedure and/or human error and a big dollop of bad luck

1 Like

So here’s where I have to challenge. Exactly how “quite likely”, 51%+?

Because that’s not how circumstantial evidence works to support a conclusion. You are basically leaping to one based on speculation and a sliver of circumstance.

There’s 0.0% actual evidence of a lab leak so far, and no FOX/OAN/Newsmax opinion reporting changes that.

The Wuhan lab is one of the world’s most efficient, advanced research labs. They don’t do “sloppy procedure” there. And of course if the lab was the source, it would have been quarantined fast.

Now take all of this with a grain of salt, like I’ve said trusting any reporting from the PRC is problematic, so I go instead with the intelligence community consensus…which is that it’s PLAUSIBLE. Not “quite likely”, “probably”, etc. That would require direct best evidence, like a whistleblower coming forward. As of now, it’s all people throwing out ungrounded theories.

Lab leak = extraordinary claim without extraordinary evidence, so I’m curious why everyone’s skeptic helmet seems to have slipped on this issue. Too much goofy opinion reporting masquerading as investigative fact. Sean Hannity is pushing this nonsense, that should tell you all you need to know.

How many bats were on sale at the Wuhan Seafood Market?

Note, half the authors here are under PRC control, half are not. Grain of salt.

How many corona viruses were kept in the Wuhan Institute of Virology?

That can affect humans? Prior to COVID19, six. As of 2021, seven.

COVID19 is the 7th known novel coronavirus, and the Wuhan lab was instrumental in learning what COVID19 even looked like.

This is the lab, by the way. I find it funny because a LOT OF PEOPLE seem to think because it was in China, the lab is some shack behind the wet markets.

In reality, the place is a Biohazard Fortress of Solitude.

1 Like

I personally believe the Chinese government would much rather blame simple peasants for the covid outbreak than admit incompetence at a government facility

The central problem with the lab leak theory, though, is the reason the lab is there in the first place.

The Wuhan region is a well-established coronavirus hotspot for decades, possibly centuries. So the chances are always high that a new coronavirus (or even an old one) outbreak pops up right there. That specific part of Asia is a evolutionary viral breeding ground, a result of the natural flora and fauna of the region.

This is why the scale is heavily weighed towards natural origin. 1) Evolution has created every pandemic known to man and 2) Wuhan was a ground zero for coronaviruses before the lab existed.

I agree the virus most likely had a natural origen, but I disagree that the out break most likely originated at the market

The timing of the novel Vid couldn’t have been worse for US-Chinese relations either.

Remember that big trade war Donald Trump threatened?

Well, the US clearly lost it because of our apparent collective distrust of government and scientists, because you can’t put a real economic loss number on 600,000 dead people, before you even start adding up the other losses.

So this just plays into the hands of warhawk media pundits like Hannity and Carlson, and nutty conspiracy pushing politicians who will just go forward on the ASSumption of a leak, intentional or not, for ratings and votes.

This is the shit that gets morons like this elected to office. Who needs facts when you know your voting bloc is full of anti-Sinitic bigots who don’t give a shit about facts.

Here in NJ, where we are one of states (6th I believe) leading in vaccinations and flattening the infection rate, the GOP is trying to oust our governor, claiming he’s to blame for our relatively mild 26,000 fatalities, because they still support Donald Trump’s position on the virus, masks, and the election was fake, blah blah blah.

Does this look like COVID fail to anyone here?