Gordon Ryan made horrific sexual comments about his rival's 5 year old daughter

How about the other guy’s dog?

So has Gordan Ryan apologised or been banned or anything yet?

That’s a point. It does seem to be about Gordon Ryan and not rapey Mcgee.

He has not apologized that I know of.
Jiu-Jitsu Times picked it up.
His own coach made a public statement condemning Ryan’s comments.
Some tournament promotions already decided he and his students are on time out.
However, no major revenue stream partners of his have publicly made a decision nor statement that I know of yet.

1 Like

Phrost does it all the time.

Could Phrost take down your career/dojo? The answer is “yes”, and that is power.

Been plenty of it in Judo, too, over the years. I’d guess what has been exposed is the tip of the iceberg…

1 Like

Not any I’ve ever been associated with, when I was still involved in Judo. He’d have no standing to work within the national governing body.

Wait, BJJ has no national governing body…

The whole bullshido being some kind of anti-fraud consumer thing was, well, limited at best.

Anything serious would take a cadre of attorneys and a lot of money.

First off, if you look at the scenario outside of MA, you clearly don’t need to work with the establishment to take a man down. This happens in politics all the time.

Second, that is what the IBJJF does. They run a governing body. People report to them, pay them, follow their orders worldwide and forcibly impose their will on others.

It’s a private, for profit business.

Remember when I looked all that shit up on the California Secretary of State website and posted it in your original threads on the forums?

In support of you and your situation at that time?

2 Likes

We know that. But that particular meme stems from mma.tv in support of the idea that because they are not a governing body, that they were not in fact there or acting in collusion with other schools. When in reality while they are not a LEGAL governing body, they do act as one. It was also used to lend credence to the idea that there was no rank embargo on me, which is not the case.

Also, this is the relevant law:

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter265/Section25

They can’t be legit and ask for the money. So they were committing fraud or they were committing extortion. Whether they act as a governing body (they do) is irrelevant.

Contact the appropriate district attorney.

Yo and I do, not everybody else does.

Well… them being a governing body or not, doesn’t matter, really.

It’s part of the overall… image they project.

So I finally got out of facebook jail and wow, people are aggressively supporting his comments. They seem to think its standard issue shit talk. I think part of it is that Gordan Ryan is the most dangerous person these people know, because they live in a cult. They don’t know what happens when you speak that way in the wider world.

Someone suggested that Ryan might slap pedo patrol or get super offensive with them. These people are delusional.

What is it with this place, wtf does any of this have to do with martial arts

I’m starting to wonder how many people here actually practice martial arts

Identifying predatory behaviors, especially towards vulnerable populations such as children, by people in martial arts leadership or coaching roles, or combat sports leadership or coaching roles, is pretty core.

You must be remarkably dense, and slow, or inexperienced, to need that explained.

1 Like

Core to what? Most of this forum is about this crap, why isn’t it in a general thread.

Or bs about toxic masculinity, or how you guys think people shouldn’t date in gyms

Also they both were saying disgusting crap, that’s why I’m not for the court of public opinions, people say stuff, doesn’t mean they mean it, it also is sick how guys find comments years later and ruin someone’s life.

Was what he said right? No, but again they were both wrong, but then again it’s between them…not you

I’m out, enjoy your nonsense