Gordon Ryan made horrific sexual comments about his rival's 5 year old daughter

That kind of behaviour definitely falls in the realms of Toxic Masculinity regardless of which gender acts out the behavior, but if you don’t want to name it as such that’s OK

Captain Obvious to the rescue?

Is this common, has it been getting worse since 2013?

Is it prevalent in ammy and junior divisions?

Is the villain of the piece just a dick head?

No, this is not a new issue.
And, not restricted to just BJJ.
It has been a constant and troubling dynamic, in sports, and also religious, and educational orgs for as long as their have been those organizations.

I sorta mean modern BJJ in the states.

I would’ve argue that paedophilia represents extreme TM

No, it is it’s own thing, or problem, or pathology, that is present in some male and females, unfortunately.
Everyday, (at least in the U.S.) we now see daily arrest records of female school teachers committing acts of statutory rape on their high school and middle school students.
Are those female adult school teachers being “masculine” when they rape the children in their charges?
No, of course not, they are simply being predators.
Further (at least in the U.S.) juvenile female inmates have 6 times more reported or caught incidents of committing acts of sexual assault against other female juvenile inmates, than the male juvenile inmates against the other male juvenile male inmates.
And, female corrections officers get busted more often than male corrections officers for sexually assaulting the inmates in their care.
So, either the female prison folks get caught a lot more, or, females are just as sexual, and prone to sexual predation as males, and Western society has some stereotype biases that don’t match reality, regarding males as sexual, but females as less so.
And Western Society has been clinging to the stupid idea that women either fall under the prostitute category or the Madonna category ever since the Christian tradition got popular, culturally, and in literature, and philosophy.
In reality, women are every bit as sexual as men, which is why the vibrator market makes so much money.

I think in this case, Gordon’s pedophilia is more TM than it is pedophilic. Its about power, not sex.

1 Like

The second Gordon Ryan made those comments targeted towards a child, I stopped seeing a fighter, I stopped seeing an athlete jawing or running a heel act against another athlete, all I saw was a scumbag being abusive towards a child, period.
Hopefully, he retracts the comment, issues a public apology to the child, and learns a lesson, that although he may think that he is god, there are some lines that even rich young men, who can grapple well, cannot cross, should not cross, and that people should not tolerate.

1 Like

I agree. I’m just saying that his motive isn’t sexual.

1 Like

Frankly, its getting to the point where someone top level should be worked over with a baseball bat to remind them they’re still human. When you have an area with no legal standards or intervention, shit has to handled another way. That’s why I like the Ralph Gracie beating. Made them human for a second.

I would say they were aciting in a toxically masculine manner, it is not gender specific

Just as men can act in a feminine manner and humans can act in an asinine manner

Defining sexual predation and violence as a masculine or feminine trait is ridiculous.
These are traits of violence, which are neither masculine, nor feminine.
Just like dishonesty is neither masculine nor feminine, but a trait relating to honesty.

Nah

Masculine traits and archetypes are not gender specific

Butch women and tomboy girls act in a masculine way

Camp men and boys act in a feminine way

There are positive and negative masculine and feminine traits

These archetypes you describe are arbitrary, and not static, nor are they consistent across cultures.
This is why gender by self-identification is a ridiculous notion.
It is simultaneous completely true, and completely false, in that the concept of gender is nonsense, and arbitrary.
Sex type, however, is not.
Gender, separated from biological sex type, is completely arbitrary, and therefore in many ways, completely irrelevant.
Gender as a psychology construct, is certainly not usefully predictive.
Biological sex type can be usefully predictive, regarding things like disease risk.
For this same reason, I lampoon Psychology, because Psychology findings in articles, as relates to subjects self-reporting measures, tend to be completely unreliable in generalization beyond specific subject samples, and very narrow populations from which the subjects are drawn.
Therefore, no, saying violence is a masculine trait, is as ridiculous as saying that a man cannot wear a dress, or a woman cannot wear a suit, or that their sex type has anything to do with the manner of clothes they prefer to wear as individuals, outside of societal pressure, or economic ability to buy the clothes they like to wear.

1 Like

Put more simply, the idea that violence is a masculine trait, is as much pop culture hooey, as the idea that women should wear dresses, and should not wear, nor wish to wear, pants.
These notions are fads, specific to certain cultures, across certain time periods.
But not inherent traits in humans as a species.
As both male humans and female humans are violent, especially in human societies or environments where violence is a common practice.
And both male humans and female humans wear pants, and things like dresses, open bottom robes, and kilts.
Social fads occur, and last for certain periods of time, but they are nurture phenomenon, and not universally nor consistently found across all groups of humans, across all time periods.

1 Like

Why?

Wouldn’t his behaviour be either acceptable or not acceptable?

Calling him a pedo seems a bit like marketing at this point.

So say if he had said old mates mum had a nice ass. That wouldn’t be line crossing?

So you’re saying that your canine teeth are actually dog’s teeth ?

Pics or STFU!

Thats not line crossing IMO.

1 Like

I am not calling Gordon Ryan a pedophile.
I have said that Gordon Ryan made a pedophile comment towards a child.
More precisely that he made a sexually inappropriate comment, on the Internet, towards a small child.
That is unacceptable.

Making sexually inappropriate comments towards adults is not on the same level of unacceptableness as making them towards children.

1 Like

So had he threatened to rape the other guy’s mum over his dead body that would have been less offensive ?

Yes. Bad and not OK, but still…