Drag=Black Face

I wish to appropriate your culture, Vemand!

I especially liked the rolling woman

Tropic Thunder lampooned that whole idea, didnā€™t it?

It pretty much lampooned everything!

I dare you. I double dare youā€¦ 7Wcqjx

Let me start it myself

03JwlpC

Most people of color are offended by black face in America because it is discriminatory.

Most women that are the kind to be offended by drag are probably only offended because they donā€™t like gay and trans people.

What is RuPaulā€™s target audience. Women and gay/trans men.

Straight men are far more likely to be angry at RuPaul because they donā€™t like his sexual orientation.

I think the statistics alone bears out the relative truth that drag is not equivalent to black face.

That could change but right now it really seems like itā€™s just a relatively small % of people.

RuPaulā€™s audience is gay/trans men.

Lol, not anymore.

Thereā€™s a feminism brand that considers gay and trans visibility issues as an extension of dominance of women by men.

Their argument is that a womanā€™s identity canā€™t be assumed by a man without empowering a masculine oriented point of view over the woman herself.

Being a manā€™s choice to impersonate a woman, he will only do it on the foundations of the oppressing social meta structure of what a womanā€™s identity should be, and specially of what it should not be.

And thatā€™s what the humorous take is intended, theoretically, to hide.

Like ā€œyou canā€™t be a woman by wanting it because your idea of a woman comes from a masculinist worldā€.

And yet, you know, ā€œnobody is perfectā€ .

Shit, really? What happened? Did he come out as Trump supporter or something?

Nah. But Ru is pretty trans-exclusionary, which is 100% not kosher.

Why is Black Face discriminatory?

Iā€™m no asking to be thick, but to establish a frame work to mesure other forms of impersonation like drag

I fail to see the relevance.

The reason why I donā€™t like it is because I donā€™t want to be an asshole to a stranger.

The reasons why a black person might not be offended is entirely up to them. Itā€™s not my prerogative.

Hereā€™s one for you

Men see a man dressed as a woman ridiculous

Men see a woman dressed as a man threatening

1 Like

Thatā€™s entirely subjective.

If you canā€™t demonstrate why something is discriminatory how can you say it is?

50 years ago it was not considered discriminatory

Unless that stranger is female?

In what way does this not apply to a woman and drag?

Iā€™m guessing it has something to do with how black impersonation was used to make black people appear less than human.

Iā€™ll let you in on a secret, I donā€™t like drag either.

I stay out of things that arenā€™t in my lane. I stay out of other peopleā€™s lane. Their issues are their issues. I donā€™t get involved unless it becomes a matter of people being hurt.

If you find me a pack of crossdressers who love ABBA and go around tossing firebombs into womenā€™s social centers you might bring me around to the idea that drag needs to be shut down.

I would argue that drag has the same effect on women

The entertainment value of something like Ru Paul is the back biting, two facedness, and passive aggressive manipulation considered to be female traits

1 Like

Iā€™m not a crossdresser and neither of us are women.

Iā€™ve never been to 1 drag show, let alone participated. I just donā€™t see the equivalence because I donā€™t see drag people trying to put women down. In fact, they seem to be surrounded by women and it seems to be women that enjoy these things the most out of anyone except maybe other drag people.

If you find me a black face minstrel show that is enormously popular with black people and then you might be able to make the argument.

So far, you just look like youā€™re going in circles.

And donā€™t project that shit on me. You havenā€™t made your case successfully.

Iā€™ll tell you what, Iā€™ll leave it up to women to decide and stay the fuck out of that. Meanwhile, youā€™re not a girl so I donā€™t take you very seriously on the matter.

1 Like