Anatomy of a Catastrophe

Same dude is already on the news-show circuit with his attorney, with his own narrative. Calling Rittenhouse an “active shooter” and all that.

He’s on video pointing a handgun at Rittenhouse’s head…not sure he is addressing that…

I’ve only been watching this partially but I think he’s already admitted to pointing the weapon at Rittenhaus first.

Yeah, he did exactly that in his testimony, under direct examination by the Prosecutor…

His mother and father

Peers

Mentors and role models

Yeah

I feel sorry for him

I have a 17 yo and there is no way I’d allow her to turn up to a riot with a gun

She’d be so, grounded!

Right, only dumb asses go to riots, unless they are inadvertently trapped in them / by them, or are law enforcement / military.
Most of the people at those riots, who were rioting, were scumbags.
Like the dirt bags the kid had to shoot in self-defense.
Of course, he was a dumb kid to be there.

The prosecution is wearing their ass for a hat.

Big K will be at home for Thanksgiving, taking calls from publishing companies and movie writers.

1 Like

And making a list of media talking heads to sue for defamation.

2 Likes

Mother and father? You realized his mother divorced his dad along time ago. You also realize that Wendy Rittenhouse did NOT drive him to the protest. He stayed at his friends house Dominick Black from which I believe he drove from that point there. They snuck into the gun safe that they had at Black’s step dad’s house.

These facts came up in the trial and in a Washington post (some kind of op ed). There’s an article that I’m searching for that I think is by the Washington post that talked extensively about Kyle’s past.

The “blame the parents” mentality is a knee jerk reaction from 50+ year olds that are too lazy to think much more past anything else. Although, I do understand that there is a high population of youth that have no business handling firearms.

I’ve met and known people who hate Kyle Rittenhouse with a passion but then on the other side defended young teens having guns because their neighborhoods were dangerous.

There’s a lot of shitty people involved and what sucks is that EVERYONES name have been dragged through the mud, but the women have taken the worst blows from this and are the least guilty. Jacob Blakes girlfriend who was abused and traumatized, Wendy Rittenhouse who thought her son was staying with his friend, and Rosenbaum’s girlfriend who told him not to go to the protests but the next day she cried by the blood stain concrete where he got shot.

There’s a lot of people with pretty mean takes on it and people probably need to just drop it. Not saying anyone is wrong to feel how they do, but the reactionary stuff doesn’t help when you consider the media and how they they are building the flame for potential future violence.

I’m sure there are mitigating circumstances, but what age do you suggest parental responsibility for the actions of minors should end?

The women have taken the worst blows from this???

Tell that to the three dead and mangled commies and the kid who has spent over a year worrying about spending the rest of his life in prison.

Right, and Dads who get divorced are never involved in their kids lives at all after that.

As I make breakfast for my teenaged son…oops, I’m divorced, can’t do that.

That bit of sarcasm done…

Not sure who or what you are responding to.

My point is, this kid got let down by his Parents, and all the other adults, up to the point in his life where he decided he needed to talk a “friend” (yet another “adult”) into buying a rifle for him via straw purchase (a Federal crime), and then show up at the “protest”.

And by the “adult” who supposedly asked him to come protect a business in the middle of a “protest”.

Let’s not forget the “adult” cops who let him walk, then wouldn’t do their jobs when he told them he needed help…

See the theme? I’m sure as fuck not blaming his Mom for his actions directly.

And then you go ageist ? The irony is palpable. Why not just throw in a “OK BOOMER” while you are at it. I’m 50+ and a parent, I think I’ve maybe got some perspective to comment on bad parenting and bad adulting, and it’s effect, both potential and on the ground, with parenting and decision making abilities their children.

2 Likes

I like how the No Lives Matter video has completely disappeared.

That would be closer to reality, right?

The judge dismissed the weapons charge this morning.

Hi Devil:

Since I wasn’t watching and the media is not discussing the details, how come the judge throw out that charge? It seemed to be the easiest to prove, I must be missing something. Was there a critical element the prosecution ignored?

@SamuelBrowning

Because of Wisconsin law regarding long guns. I read somewhere that the gun was never entered as an exhibit but can’t seem to find that now.

If true, that was a pretty dumb mistake by the prosecution.

I caught the tail end of that on Court TV, but the brief discussion I heard said that the prosecution never really put forth any evidence to support that charge.

The gun was entered as an exhibit. They’re handling it constantly during closing arguments.