A Korean touch of death!

So what. His genes are there.

Btw. My kick on the bag is a half chamber. Meaning the knee is only half tucked.

This is more powerful than Muay Thai or the full chamber version.

Hence why I don’t need to excert much energy and still blast it

If he forgot them there then they are probably long gone by now, just like Yugoslavia.

I would consider the kick in the video more of a slap than a blast.

I get your point but I am not talking about my foot at impact. At impact, I pull it (though still digging quite a bit).

It’s the set-up, that is the key to power.

You could say that a half chamber is the best of both worlds. You get the baseball bat swing, but also some momentum from a half tuck

The quote is from another poster in your thread from the previous iteration.

I merely copied and pasted to show you haven’t changed on iota. Still doubling down on things you know little to nothing about.

Prima Posta peasant scum

download

1 Like

I do know a club that manages to pull off that touch sparring type style in full contact. They are a shotokan club i think.

Here is Cooper Royal. Who is their flagships at the moment.

He is very akward to spar. And it works very well for him.

I can’t do it i just don’t have the gas tank.

Okey mr know it all.

Here I am drunk doing a Japanese Karate side kick, my fathers art. It’s one of two versions.

Why I am not throwing a TaeKwonDo side kick? Can you tell?

I actually tried it on a guy who started out as a boxer.

Heavyweight.

He couldn’t touch me clean, but I had to circle constantly and even blocking his strike knocked me back because I wss much lighter.

Very tiring. But I do have a good gas tank.

1 Like

Btw, that former boxer, who was 50+, stiff as a refrigerator, had the hardest front kick ever.

We only did hands sparring, but when I held a shield…

Dude, this guy could shake an elephant. It was insane.

The only kick he could do properly but man…

Not a know it all. Do know there are way more than two versions of side kick.

Japanese or Korean.

You should know this. Being a red belt by your admission in the old site.

Your hands are still down.

Taekwondo kicks hyperextend the leg and are launched as thrusting or pushing motions.

Shotokan kicks jerks the entire body, and doesn’t hyperextend. In other words, Shotokan kicks always snap.

Ever wondered why TaeKwonDo guys can’t punch worth a shit? Compare their katas… Taekwondo does their punches soft, Shotokan does their haaard, and explosive. This style of punching is ingrained into students when they move over to sparring .

And they of course place greater attention to it in basics class

Kata isn’t a reflection of fighting pretty much at all. At best it is a conditioning exercise.

So if anyone is fighting likey they do kata. They are probably going to be terrible.

This isn’t a theory. TaeKwondoins had hands on par with karatekas when they performed katas the same.

The punches in isolation do matter regardless of how ridiculous everything else is in katas.

If you never punch hard, controlled and explosive in basics training, you never will in sparring.

It depends whether you skills training is any good.

It is like trying to determine how good tenth planet are at submissions by watching them break dance.

Anyway good excuse for a steve vic highlight.

I am not saying that they fight worse. I’m saying they punch worse, due to dog shit kata mechanics where they never learn how to explode into a punch

You don’t want to explode, you won’t come back from something like that.

2 Likes

Mawashi geri here. There’s some things I need to work on (I don’t have a dojo) but the spirit is there.

My fathers analogy was “match stick ignition”

Now on the subject of hands up. If you are in a self defense situation , and you need to get out of there, your hands can’t be raised,since that telegraphs your intention of throwing down… You kick and get out if there.

If somebody challenges me however, then I put them up.