20 Covid Vaccine and Pandemic Update

We definitely slowed the spread, which was the point all along. I said back then there was no stopping the spread, that was the epidemiological consensus at the time and it still is. COVID is here to stay like herpes on a sailor’s foremast.

But we have saved countless lives with masks, social distancing, quarantines, and so on. That’s what happened with the Spanish flu too.

We went from 11 deaths to 500,000 deaths just in the US fast (more than both World Wars, Vietnam, Korea, and 9/11 combined), and 2.7M globally is still the worst pandemic outcome in a very, very, very long time.

Overall, I’m a data-centric person and these graphs still aren’t where they should be. Logarithmically, we’re not out of the woods yet, and with Spring and Summer coming (and shit like what happened in Florida for spring break), not to mention viral mutations and the unknowns there…yeah I’m happy to be the Old Lady on this one.

Show me how all the lockdowns and masking requirements which people were flagrantly violating have influenced these graphs. You have correlation, not causation.

Have you gone full conspiracy nut now?

No, it’s a pathology.

You know you can use the same dumb rhetoric about all vaccination usage. As far as i know there have been no double blind controlled studies involving billions of people to show there affective use on that large of scale… yah hozer.

Hey, don’t knock the vax, man. Science!

I’ll have you know I’m also conformable in assuming gravity works the in the same way across the universe as well.

Gravity works. Why it works is the largely outstanding question, not if.

Perhaps drinking melted icicles rots your brain after all

For now, correlation is a blessing.

You said “Fauci lied”.

What exactly did you mean?

I put it to you that the opposite has happened. Everything done so far has been to appease the entitlement of your average slob. Masking is a half arsed control. But you just might get the soccer mums to actually do it, sometimes if you are lucky. And they feel like it that day.

2 Likes

It’s crack cocaine for authoritarian regimes. Apropos:

Great news, though, almost 1/3 of the serfs have gotten halfway through their vaccine regimen.

“Vaccine eligibility” sounds a lot like, oh, I dunno, Jim Crow.

IMPENDING DOOM. CDC says so.

I mean that the newly appointed political head of the CDC says we’re all gonna die. IMPENDING DOOM. That is not soft language. It is also not true. And, if I’m wrong, none of us will be here to dispute it.

What’s the end game sub?

You are comparing vaccination schedules with Jim Crow…

Holy fuck… Turn off Limbaugh and go for a walk or something.

Limbaugh is dead.

I’m comparing Vaccine “passports,” with Jim Crow.

Papers, please! Papers! Or, vee vont let you cross.

Many of these same people are vehemently opposed to showing ID to vote.

I mean almost 100% exactly that Fauci is an opportunistic piece of shit liar. You only need a Youtube account to see how he waffles in the winds of change, but if you have Lexis Nexis, you might get better resolution.

My kung fu sifu masters says I can get the vaccine from him, he’s wise and trained in his ways

Time will tell!

A virus met an asteroid and asked “you think you’ve got better odds”?

The asteroid couldn’t respond…it was just a rock. ><

According to NASA (according to the headlines of stories I have not read), we have at least 100 years before we have to worry about major NEOs becoming permanently attached to the soil.

1 Like