20 Covid Vaccine and Pandemic Update

You must be pretty upset with driving licences

1 Like

Yah thatā€™s something a stupid whiny lying pussy would do in the media as click baitā€¦ Donā€™t be that guy sub.

Sweet German accent though

Highlighting the incongruities in our government and among elected officialsā€™ positions is click bait?

Well, look, people are people and theyā€™re going to people. You know? Weā€™re a mixed bag of good and bad things.

Letā€™s all just get that vaccine ASAP and this shit will go away. OK?

As long as only the crackpots decide to up and be an anti-vaxxer this shit will be OK in the end. Mostly. That should be the big ticket item. Containment is out the window for reasons but we can all shut this shit down with the vaccine.

Then we can pick up the pieces, plan for the future and get ready for the next deadly pathogen to turn us into poop flinging monkeys.

1 Like

You linking covid vaccination schedules to industrialised mass murder and institutional racism is absurd, misleading, and complete bullshit. Mr moderator.

Itā€™s nice that you have an opinion on that, but just saying itā€™s bullshit is not really doing anything other than naysaying. Fun on the Internet, but does not make it not true.

Jim Crow was largely about saying that certain people couldnā€™t do certain things (or had to do them elsewhere, i.e. segregation) because they belonged to a particular class. The use of vaccine passports will create exactly that scenario. Otherwise, why would you need the passport? And, itā€™s absolutely true that Democrats in this country vehemently oppose the use of identification for voting, so that is an apt description of an incongruity in their logic.

Well Jim Crow was not about social class, but the color of someoneā€™s skin.

And the rest is a different argument you were not making at first through your stupid comparisons.

I donā€™t know anything about vaccine pass books
I know there are limitations in place up here when it comes public buildings and dealings pertaining to having up to date vaccinations. I think that should apply to covid as well; in time.

1 Like

So, you understand what logistics are right? Itā€™s making sure the right resources go to the right place at the right time to make sure that a thing is done in the most effective way.

You were a military man. Iā€™ll make a military analogy.

At field hospitals in war, they do triage to prioritize treatment for the people who need treatment the most. They make very hard decisions to accomplish this goal, like deciding who can be saved and who canā€™t be saved. Or deciding if they going to save a manā€™s legs rather than just amputate or spend extra time that might save anotherā€™s manā€™s life. Or deciding if theyā€™re going to spend 12 hours trying to save one Corporal or 3 officers.

It sucks but the reality is that thereā€™s not enough vaccine to go around to everyone. That means that distribution has to be aimed at the populations that are most vulnerable to do the greatest good. Young and healthy people have the lowest priority because they are the most resilient.

I donā€™t think Jim Crow fits at all because thereā€™s no such thing as a shortage of voters.

In a battle the people doing the most shooting should get the most ammunition and weapons. The most important and exposed positions get the most protection. The mission is prioritized over the needs of individuals because it produces the best overall outcome.

Just found out I qualify for April 5th as a critical infrastructure essential worker.

Jersey has an automated registration and notification system that Iā€™m enrolled with, but this might be a shortcut. Otherwise I might wait until Mayā€¦so many people here left to inject.

I was able to get my fist dose on Monday. Today my state opened registration to basically everyone. Not sure how available appointments are, but my sense is that there is a significant % of the population here that isnā€™t planning on getting vaccinated.

Iā€™m in my late 30s and have no other comorbidities and was able to get vaccinated the same day they lowered the age threshold within an hour drive of where I live. That doesnā€™t seem to indicate lots of demand.

Vaccine passportsā€¦the latest mark of the beast to some. If youā€™re a hammer everything is a nail they say. People are such big fucking babies.

Iā€™m not a carpenter, I just prefer to talk about issues in context with reality

Seems like that bubble has gotten smaller over the years. Everything gets to dystopia awfully quick these days.

Actually thatā€™s pretty common in any mass cas situation, military not required. People that are going to die soonest go to the front of the line. Kinda like the people who were eligible for the vax, in the early stages of availability.

Apparently, I can go get the J&J tomorrow, just because Iā€™m a person (no special requirements other than getting in line). Might put it on the list for this weekend, because I donā€™t want to take PTO.

Oh, that is so rich.

You have a fantastic idea of what it is to be military. The reality outside of movies is you end up doing the most work with the least resources, for the least pay and/or appreciation. Thatā€™s why Heraldry invented medals. Donā€™t take my word for it:
https://tioh.army.mil/

1 Like

What Iā€™m saying is they arenā€™t sending trucks filled with bullets to the mess hall. Theyā€™re sending supplies where they are most needed at the time. At least ideally. I realize that a military manā€™s life is hard and you guys get the shit end of the stick all the time.

Iā€™m not idealizing that life and I thank you for doing what I could not.

1 Like

Ainā€™t it the truth?

Yup, never works out like that.

The United States spends more money on their military than anyone. There isnā€™t even a close second. Where does it all go?

You canā€™t have a close second when you are looking at nuclear powers like Russia, China, North Koreaā€¦ we do not follow the same rules of basic economics. And, then, weā€™re physically and manually larger than UK, Israel, etc, etcā€¦ so even if you could apples to apples on economy, we have more to protect, which hints at larger expenditures to do so.