20 Covid Vaccine and Pandemic Update

The BioSpace source is outdated and inaccurate at this point.

Your ability to cherry pick is amazing.

9 months to a vaccine dude.

That’s not cherry picking, I addressed both your posts and lack of point.

Your first article supported my entire point about the US response, the second one is more than a year old bunk. Your third post was a picture of dead animals.

COVID19’s death rate is higher than the 1918 flu, either way, on an individual basis, both inside and outside the US. And your own article says the US fucked COVID19 up worse than 1918.

And Kratom will kill you.

It can.

195 posts were split to a new topic: South Florida Condo Collapse

This is the lamest extinction event, ever

“So scientist Zksrg, from the planet Grdop, why did the Hew-mmans die out?..”

At this point, zombies would be a relief

40%! ZOMFG!1!!1

Now, those three states combined also account for nearly 20% of the US population. And, Delta is more virulent. The latter, at least the story respects.

The stat that really pisses me off is this:

“virtually all” hospitalizations and deaths — a full 97 percent — are among unvaccinated people.

Why is this even relevant, outside of fearmongering? Perhaps I’m being obtuse (and Rabbit will be along shortly to point out how). You know what would be a scary as fuck statistic? 97 percent of VACCINATED people were hospitalized and/or died.

It is very relevant.
It means that States are reporting their numbers in a misleading manner., whether unintentionally, or otherwise.

Take Florida, for example.
Florida is not really one State, but two, sharing the same geographic space.
About half the Florida population is vaccinated, about half isn’t.
Almost all the new cases and every other concerning COVID19 number are among the unvaccinated demographic.

That means if Florida’s aggregate positivity rate is 15%, and almost all of that is the unvaccinated population with the state, the unvaccinated population’s positivity rate is probably closer to 30%.

That also means that within the unvaccinated population in Florida, these are the worst COVID19 numbers that population has ever seen since the pandemic began.

Thankfully, even though I do not like how DeSantis is not exactly transparent with the public about the numbers, etc, he has done a wonderful job throughout the pandemic of reinforcing ICU capacity.

But one hopes that a perfect storm of continued increase combined with red tide will not present a new problem, or that a continued rise in numbers will not coincide with a major hurricane.

(DISCLAIMER: I am not saying vaccinated people cannot get or transmit COVID19. And I did not discuss the Delta variant, and that is another issue worth keeping an eye on)

It’s not fearmongering. Fearmongering is what the anti-vax and anti-PPE cults do, and they are responsible for potentially millions of deaths along with their political enablers… The CDC isn’t in the business of spreading fear. They are in the business of saving lives, and if you believe otherwise your cynicism can go fuck itself.

It’s relevant because it illustrates how COVID transmission is becoming less probablistic and more specific to changes to “high risk” categories.

At the start, high risk meant certain pre existing conditions, age, etc. Many of those high risk people either got Vid, got vaccinated beforehand, or both. Or just died.

Now high risk is becoming less associated with health conditions and more strongly associated with political voting patterns and the influence of junk science propaganda (e.g. QAnon, etc), as predicted by numerous authorities months ago with the conjunction of multiple conspiracy theorists (legacy antivax millions through the current millions that believe there are chips and aborted baby parts in the shot and it’s all a big hoax designed to control yer freeeeeeedoms).

Rabbit tries to do, on just about any issue, in a desperate bid for attention.

I see it as a reflection of the Monty Hall problem, which manages to trip up even seasoned and professional mathematicians, now and then. Well, then there’s Delta, but still - we have removed a significant portion of the entire population from being able to get infected, ostensibly, and big pharma is saying their shit works against Delta, too.

So, the percentages of the whole haven’t changed, you have just changed the conversation to the percentage of what’s left.

In the Monte Hall problem, the only thing that changes is the conditional probability, if one has Monte remove a wrong door from the choice conditions.
But in this case, the conditional probabilities move externally separate and in addition to the conditional probability change variable of vaccinated or not vaccinated.
Imagine a Monte Hall problem, where the number of doors change, in real time, as one is making one’s decision.
Which begs the question, if we wanted to get Cheech and Chong about it in the abstract, would the number of doors Monte could or can take away change as well, or just remain one, as the number of doors fluctuates?
It matters.

Monte Carlo maybe, because that’s being done in quite a few places.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-70091-1

https://wp.nyu.edu/kolker/covid-19/

Great news!

China’s vaccine is a sham (in a lot more words):

Not good news!

All those masks are being made in China.

wait

The unofficial word on the street is that’s where all the virus is made, too.

Cottage industry, lol.