What is Bjj? What its History?

If any one wants to learn bjj, then he should know what actually is bjj. There are multiple guides but I would Recommend theses two for beginners to understand.

1. What is Bjj?How did it start
  2. What is brazilian jiu jitsu?

Basically Just Judo

kano

PRIMA POSTA!

3 Likes

OOF

12 characters

From article above:

Conclusion:

BJJ is all about personal growth. It instructs us that all incidents, no problem how destructive, can be looked at as freedom. As Alexander Graham Bell once said, “When one door locks a further door opens, but we so usually stare so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us.”

confused-wat

That Bell quote was plagiarised from Kano Jigorõ

Let this thread now be homage to Kano Jigorõ

“It is not important to be better than someone else, but to be better than yesterday.” ~ Kano Jigorõ

Wrong.
It is important to maximize the potential of the moment that we are in.
Sometimes, we will be better than yesterday, sometimes worse.
What is important is that we do what we need to do, in that moment.
And if we want to get really ambitious, every moment has a maximal potential.

“There are people who are excitable by nature and allow themselves to become angry for the most trivial of reasons.” ~ Kano Jigorõ

This one is correct.

“Face your fear, empty yourself, trust your own voice, let go of control, have faith in outcomes, connect with a larger purpose, derive meaning from the struggle.” ~ Kano Jigorõ

“Shit, Shiro Saigo just threw me again.” - Also Jigoro Kano (paraphrased).

So wise

(12)

In the land of the blind, the one eye’d man is King.

“Paradoxically, the man who has failed and one who is at the peak of success are in exactly the same position. Each must decide what he will do next, choose the course that will lead him to the future.” ~ Kanõ Jigorõ

“If I had known about staph infections, I would have had both men and women wear t-shirts under the gi.” - Jigoro Kano, after he was deceased.

“Man go to bed with itchy bottom, wake up with smelly finger.”~C.Gõrdõn

“If there is effort, there is always accomplishment.” ~ Kanõ Jigorõ

“I’m getting old for this shit.” - JIgoro Kano (paraphrased)

“To ask may be but a moment’s shame, not to ask and remain ignorant is a lifelong shame.” ~ Kanõ Jigorõ

“Judo is the way to the most effective use of both physical and spiritual strength. By training you in attacks and defenses it refines your body and your soul and helps you make the spiritual essence of Judo a part of your very being. In this way you are able to perfect yourself and contribute something of value to the world. This is the final goal of Judo discipline.” ~ Kanõ Jigorõ