What is Bjj? What its History?

“The purpose of the study of judo is to perfect yourself and to contribute to society.” ~ Kanõ Jigorõ

“In an argument, you may silence your opponent by pressing an advantage of strength or of wealth, or of education. But you do not really convince him. Though he is no longer saying anything, in his heart he still keeps to his opinion, the only way to make him change that opinion is to speak quietly and reasonably. When he understands that you are not trying to defeat him, but only to find the truth, he will listen to you and perhaps accept what you tell him.” ~ Kanõ Jigorõ

I am glad that you read this quote.

I’m glad you read it

I said it first.
No bounce backs.

“The pine fought the storm and broke. The willow yielded to the wind and snow and did not break. Practice Jiu-Jitsu in just this way.” ~ Kanõ Jigorõ

“Consider fully, act decisively.” ~ Kanõ Jigorõ

“Carefully observe oneself and one’s situation, carefully observe others, and carefully observe one’s environment. Consider fully, act decisively.” ~ Kanõ Jigorõ

“Before and after practicing Judo or engaging in a match, opponents bow to each other. Bowing is an expression of gratitude and respect. In effect, you are thanking your opponent for giving you the opportunity to improve your technique.” ~ Kanõ Jigorõ

“Judo should be free as art and science from any external influences, political, national, racial, and financial or any other organized interest. And all things connected with it should be directed to its ultimate object, the benefit of Humanity.” ~ Kanõ Jigorõ

You might find this article helpful as well.

A Brief but Complete History of BJJ: Origins to Modern MMA

Well no, if you get pinned in judo, you lose.

How dare you disrespect Master Kano

#judochop

This article is pile of crap, inaccuracies, and falsehoods.

But other than that it’s fine?

Yeah you better delete that post !