Trans advantage?

Transitioning gender is nothing to do with pretense

To say so seems bigoted to me

Would you say people with pace makers are pretending to have a functioning heart

images

Should Donna Moore (above) be excluded because she is stronger than other women?

So define man, and woman so we have a standard to judge an individualā€™s applicability to compete?

Can you show the amount of testosterone an individual produces during puberty has an affect on athletic performance as an adult?

Should high levels of testosterone in pubescent females bar them from participation in female competitive sport?

Or like asking a black person if there is racism?

Really Sub, your idolising of Hitler is getting embarrassing

High levels of testosterone in woman over a specific threshold already prevent certain women from competing based on what the underlying issues might be. The Caster Semenya situation in athletics brought many of these issues to light. You can go look at the IAAF regulations for testosterone levels in female athletes.

These are just off wikipedia, i can find more studies, but i havenā€™t really looked into this since the massive Caster debate.

" Further, no study has reported muscle loss greater than 12% with testosterones suppression even after 3 years of hormone therapy. Males have approximately 40% greater muscle mass than females, so even with testosterone suppression, transgender women athletes have a muscle mass advantage over females. This is evidenced by transgender women being in the top 10% of females regarding lean body mass and possessing a grip 25% stronger than most females.[25]"

" A 38-page draft document from World Rugbyā€™s transgender working group in 2020 acknowledged that cisgender female rugby players, when tackled by a player who has gone through male puberty, are at a significantly greater risk of injury."

I feel like all your points have either been strawman or reductio ad absurdum, havenā€™t really seen anything supporting your point. Feel like this is more a woke twitter style debate from your side if iā€™m honest.

I can also link you to what actually happens during puberty with testosterone, really easy to find. Itā€™s also really easy to find the biological definition of a man. Biological definitions havenā€™t changed. We define male and female in all species, they are biological definitions which is completely different from a persons identity or how they perceive their identity.

1 Like

Wrabbit will be here shortly to tell you youā€™re wrong. Donā€™t expect him to tell you why.

1 Like

Meanwhile-

Itā€™s called being efficient. We all know that is where the conversation is going, so Iā€™m just cutting to the quick.

Perhaps the IAAF is making rules for political reasons?

I added that IAAF piece as the edit, it really wasnā€™t the point of the post, it was simply to point out women are exclude on test levels (in response to your comment). The article is also more than likely directed at the new regulations post caster, there were already regulations prior to amended changes covering testosterone. Any views on the rest of the post?

How much factor would you say bone and muscle mass have in determining the result of a combat sport competition?

I would say technique and stamina would play more significant roles, but I accept your point

This could be down to the difference in training and competitive experiance young male rugby players receive compared to girls, macho ā€œhard knockā€ culture etc

It could also be down to poorer quality coaching in the female sport due to poor resources

Or, you know, the easy answer is the smaller skeletal frame of females lends itself to getting broken.

Well thanks for endulging me

Are you sexually grooming me?

1 Like

A huge amount.

In terms of your ability to develop strength and power or your ability to absorb physical trauma. If skill is equal in two opponents, strength / endurance will define the winner.

There is also a link between muscle hypertrophy and strength development. Muscle size is largely dependent on genetic factors and your body build (i.e. a larger frame provided by testosterone to bring it back to this convo).

So in non contact sports your point is no longer relevant

Iā€™m contractually obligated to restrain from further response until Dung finishes his post.

1 Like

I would say it was rare that a CS match was won on strength

Skill is way more important IMHO

There are definitely social benefits in terms of how a boy is raised which is something i wanted to mention earlier, didnā€™t want to include too many factors in the debate, so left it out. Even things like competing with other boys who genetically tend to be more competitive is a benefit, but i feel like thatā€™s going to take things in a different direction.

It comes down to the fact that you are getting tackled by someone who has gone through puberty as a man and are now larger hitting you harder than your body is able to safely withstand.

1 Like