Thoughts on the Boston Children's Hospital Incident

You are talking like these procedures are being done to patients against their will @BrevardFighter

Minors, especially young children, cannot give informed consent.

This leaves the parents, or the State, acting as the parents.

It is ethically and medically dubious to perform medical procedures on children that are not strictly necessary.

Including drug treatments that may not be strictly necessary, whether they are Ritalin, or hormones.

2 Likes

So would you be against dental braces for kids?

Braces are not just for cosmetic reasons, but correct a number of dental situations that ultimately lead to early tooth loss, and also prevent later painful dental conditions.

So, not the same thing, as usual.

This isnā€™t really hyperbole, itā€™s happened. Heā€™s referencing a real, recent event.

Go back, itā€™s a trap!

Theist cults pose a lot larger threat than simply to childrenā€™s health. Not all of those cults are against modern medical care in general.

I think you need to maybe not paint the medical profession with such a broad brush.

WE also have, in the USA, serious constitutional rights as parents to determine our kidsā€™ education, health care, and who they associate with.

Itā€™s a double edged sword, though, as is obvious from observation and reflected in this discussion.

Did you take that photo? Because itā€™s not showing up anywhere else on the Internet.

JBC is, I thought, a west-coast based organization.

Also, whatā€™s with wearing an apparent cheapo plate carrier with no plate?

People who feel strongly enough to go under the knife for gender reassignment treatment would say the same thing you just said

But there are very few people indeed whose crooked teeth pose a threat to their life

Just look at the UK

Itā€™s the drawing of a parallel between consensual medical treatments and murder that I find to be hyperbolic

Yeah. Itā€™s for my new show covering Antifa vs the Patriots. Those guys came from Mass, Conn and Rhode Island.

So I found this interesting article.

"The threats picked up after misinformation spread online that suggested the hospital performed gender-affirming genital surgeries on young children.

Boston Childrenā€™s says it provides overall care to children who identify as transgender or nonbinary, but surgeries are performed only on consenting adults.

ā€œAge 18 is used to reflect the standard age of majority for medical decision-making. Boston Childrenā€™s does not perform genital surgeries as part of gender-affirming care on a patient under the age of 18,ā€ the statement says."

The program has come under fire from right-wing activists for treating minors with gender dysphoria, which the hospital defines as ā€œa conflict between the sex you were assigned at birth and the gender with which you identify.ā€

"According to the hospital, it treats the condition using counseling, hormone blockers that suppress gender-associated physical traits in pubescent adolescents, and gender-affirming hormones in adolescents and adults that have passed puberty.

"The hospital does perform gender-affirming surgeries, but according to the Globe, the only surgeries it performs on people under 18 are breast surgeries.

The Globe reported that the hospital only does this under certain circumstances, with parental consent, after other therapies have been tried, and will not perform breast surgery on people under 15."

No analogy is perfect.

Yeah, and right-wing radicals have taken some serious action against their enforcement, as well.

Using all the dis/mis information tactics in the process.

For example:

Parents who consent to having pre-pubescent children (well, they are children by definition), surgery or drugs for gender dysphoria, are,IMO, engaging in a form of child abuse.

2 Likes

The surgeries only start at age 15. Which is also a terrible idea, but they arenā€™t prepubescent.

I found another photo of maroon carrier guy.

Iā€™ve read several other articles on the VUMC controversy.

Itā€™s important to do so.

Yeah thereā€™s plenty articles. VUMC?