Thoughts on the Boston Children's Hospital Incident

The same reason you would call an adopted kid by his imaginary parents surname.

Or don’t.

We just call everyone mate. So not really an issue here

Nope, parents are allowed to spank their children in Florida.
It is something our Deputies frequently remind parents of, as it is cheaper than arresting the child later on.

depending on where in the US you live.

Yes, our state for now remains un-pozzed. DeSantis is probably the first governor since Andrew Jackson to understand the friend enemy distinction and patronage politics.

Whys wouldn’t you call someone what they want to be called?

The hell.

I want you to say “Christ is Lord”.

Because words have actual meanings.

I don’t really know what your point is

The reality is kids are disowned all the time by theist parents

Your conspiracy theory that trans people are stealing children is completely without substance

I never took you for a grammar nazi

The point is you are special pleading. You know you’re special pleading. It helps you ignore problems with your arguments.

What’s your point?

Just say it.

OK

I said it

I’m not, but I don’t see a reason to use false terms to communicate.

It is a really interesting point.

On the one hand, the State should not interfere with the parents rights to be the decider for the child while in the age of minority.

On the other hand, that blade cuts both ways, meaning, to decide both whether the child should be exposed to trans philosophies, but also whether a child may be socially transitioned by the school, or other institutions, or not.

Because they are the parents, and that is their role, not the State’s, and the child is a child, who cannot make adult level decisions.

On yet another hand, the Psychiatric Association, and also the Medical association have pretty much completely failed at doing better than blind monkeys throwing darts when it comes pharmacological mental health and behavioral treatments for children.

So much so, that much like priests, or religious leaders, their credibility as experts when it comes to pediatric mental health, and in particular recommending treatments for pediatric mental health, should by the data, largely be rejected.

Given the utter failure of the medical field and psychiatric field at reliably and successfully treating pediatric mental health, one has to consider that outside of the most obvious cases of neglect, and abuse, the issue of trans or not trans, should be wholly left up to the parents, and the child, in particular when it comes to whether a child is allowed to socially transition, and/or receive puberty blockers.

If we believe that a physician should have to be involved in the prescribing of drugs, then also the prescribing physician.

That is not to say, that parents, and the child should be able to compel others to affirm that a social or physical transition is the same as a true biological transition of male to female or vice-versa, as that is a different issue, and relates to scientific realities and free speech to affirm those realities, or deny them, as part of a freedom of religion to express mind over matter ideologies (I am male because I think I am, or I am female because I think I am, regardless of genetic and morphological realities).

But at the end of the day, ADHD medications, and anti-depressant medications, for children, are just as ungrounded from empirical data support as puberty blockers, so if one class of drugs without data support is allowed to be prescribed and administered by the clownish Psychiatric and Pediatric medical professions, than why would the other (puberty blockers) be disallowed, when none of them are well grounded empirically with data?

Either they all may be allowed with weak or no data support, as far as efficacy, or none of them should be, unless one of them has a demonstrable harm that the others do not, supported by empirical data.

Can we stop pretending psych is legit? They’re about as legit as Nazi Germany.

They are about as legit as astrology, and tea leaf reading.

Also, faith healing.

Which is to say, not legit, and not much better, or no better, than other unreliable models.

Neurology is the real psychiatry. Is there something wrong or do you not like me? Neurology determines what’s wrong. Psych determines if they like you and what states say about people with similar opinions.

You are literally identified as someone other than your correct name at the moment.

Not in formal settings, which this isn’t. I’m identified by a known handle, which is a normal social construct. You can use my name if you’d like. I don’t care.

1 Like