This Parasite Needs to Go

Yes, they do shut down promotions for that if you try to register a belt before the ceremony. They’ll tell your instructor to shut it down, unless you pay for the year of brown where you would have been registered. You can’t just switch schools at that point because they put the word out to everyone around you that you owe them money. Banning a professional athlete from competition or career advancement BECAUSE HE’S NOT PAYING YOU, is illegal, bad for the sport, and a blatant scam. That’s not ok, especially since they get violent about it. Imagine someone came to your day job like that. Where you get your food at. Where you socialize and meet people and make friends. And you’ve got someone in there begging for money or damaging your business. Absolutely predatory behavior.

Robert Degle is a black belt. He’s wearing it and it was awarded by his instructor. Nobody prevented him from being a black belt.

And nobody is preventing him from competing. He competes all the time. He just can’t compete as a black belt with the IBJJF until the year is up. Again, that’s their prerogative. They don’t owe him belt recognition if it is outside of their policy, even if it’s a silly policy.

Further, how long was he a brown? If he didn’t update his registration soon after being promoted to brown, competing with the IBJJF probably isn’t a top priority for him anyway. The IBJJF has lots of annoying hoops to jump through. Everyone who competes with them knows that. But I’m not seeing some big injustice that was committed here.

As for the violence and everything you mention, I know nothing about that. But it’s clear that that’s a separate issue than what we’re discussing here.

2 Likes

No, they get violent about the ranks and if you speak against Gracie’s scam. It’s a policy designed to extort passive income from the community. What is the money for? Thats parasitic behavior and it’s not ok. Nothing else works like that. It’s a scam. You can literally join the mafia without that much trouble.

I understand your assertions. But that has nothing to do with your OP. Robert Degle hasn’t accused anyone of intimidation. They have just chosen not to let him register as a black belt with them for 10 months. Almost nobody will ever be impacted by this rule. It’s a big pile of nothing.

But you’re describing behavior from them that is much more serious than Degle’s issue. So if that’s what you want to discuss, some evidence of what you describe would make for an interesting discussion.

1 Like

Here’s what’s happening though. If he signs back up, they’re gonna take 200 a month from him. That’s serious. And he redoes brown essentially. That’s not right. Anyway you slice he’s facing a choice between financial damage and career damage. I don’t see that in any other field. I didn’t have to pay to become a cyber security director. I joined the mafia. I didn’t have to pay for promotions. This is abnormal behavior in any light, targeting those they believe have invested too much money to loose it all. So they pay.

$200 a month for what? What for? What is your evidence of that? He has not said anything about that. Help me understand what you’re referring to.

As for pay to play, there are many professional organizations that require recurring fees for membership and recognition of credentials.

And what do you mean by redoing brown? The screenshot from the IBJJF specifically states that he can register as a black belt in 10 months.

1 Like

I went through this process myself. When you ask them WTF just happened, they ask for money and to sign the gym over. The evidence is in IBJJF decoded on bullshido. This man is freezing promotions and asking for cash.

You’re making wild ass accusations with no supporting evidence. Maybe there is supporting evidence elsewhere but not in this thread. But most importantly you threw up a screenshot from Robert Degle as evidence of some huge injustice or conspiracy but there’s nothing there to be outraged about.

We can remove the Degle thing from the discussion because there’s nothing there to get all worked up about.

2 Likes

The ONLY thing at stake here is the ability to compete at IBJJF tournaments. If you don’t want to put up with their shit, don’t compete with them. And if someone comes to your business to harass you, call the cops.

The fuck are you going on about?

1 Like

No, that’s not ok how they treated him. And for the evidence just google IBJJF decoded bullshido. It’s accessible to you.

Yeah. It is perfectly okay how they treated him. And I’m not defending them because I give a fuck about them. I just have common sense.

1 Like

Then you can never be a world champ and others take credit when in reality their competition was banned. Thats a shock to discover 10 YEARS INTO A CAREER. That’s not ok.

I did call the cops. They beat me and strangled me while gang stomping my wife because what sort of lunatic gets stalked by crazed BJJ people?

The IBJJF isn’t the end all and be all of competition. They don’t owe you admission into their tournaments which are for members who follow their rules and policies.

2 Likes

You showed your ass when the cops came. Probably got your ass beat because you acted like a lunatic, just like you’re behaving here.

2 Likes

They then go school to school, person to person harassing everyone around you dude. It’s bad.

No. They just didn’t believe me and figured they could grab me up. It’s wrong what the IBJJF does. It’s wrong. And if you support it, you’re a piece of shit.

If someone harasses you or attacks you, you should defend yourself accordingly. You’re in America and you have the right to self defense.

1 Like

Oh, I will…

Did you file a lawsuit against the police? Did you call Al Sharpton? They’ll get you in front of a camera in no time.

2 Likes