The Ukraine Thread - War Edition

It’s not about me either.

Your use of the terrible situation as a podium for whiny bullshit is what turns my stomach.

You don’t like that I have any commentary beyond “Go Ukraine!”

Sorry my thoughts are too complicated for you, little buddy.

Putin is making fun of the West then,

So the sick joke angle?

You will have to ask Putin.

Thinking your commentary is stupid is not the same as thinking all commentary is stupid. Even if I didn’t agree.

You dislike all of my commentary, always, because all of my commentary is anti-sissy and you’re a sissy.

That’s not true at all.

Most of what you post seems to be stupid trolling. But I speak to it because it seems to be from the perspective of a complete asshole.

But you did give me good advice once on proper shotgun maintenance and I thanked you for that.

You’re better at talking about guns than anything else I have read from you so far.

Guns and shooting are my thing, so yes, I excel at that.

But I troll minimally. Sometimes I troll, but mostly I just state genuine thoughts and opinions and people lose their fucking minds about it.

From my perspective, @Lant3rn is a stand-up dude, as is @Devil. Strong in their own ways, and they know where their weaknesses are (hint: Devil doesn’t have any, lol).

I think we’re all talking past each other, in this discussion. Ukraine is not the zombie apocalypse, where any DE will do. Ukraine was on the chop list since at least 2016. There was plenty of time to train and arm a populace. Fucking Biden fucked everything up.

(edit) I’m big enough to say Trump didn’t help, either.

I have plenty of weaknesses. Talking about shit I don’t understand isn’t one of them. That’s why if I’m talking I’m usually right, or can at least defend my position vigorously.

Hindsight I find productive when preventing future fuck ups.

But not so much when shit needs to be delt with in the moment.

When the dust settles their will be time for blame to go around. But for Ukrainians who don’t want to be Russians I don’t think they have the current luxury of hindsight in dealing with the current situation.

And taking this shit storm and building a podium on it to fuel this insidious left v right bullshit I find disgusting. It’s insidious like COVID. But a mind virus. An amorphous blob for people to put their hate into. Doesn’t matter if you want to call the blob liberal or redneck.

Nobody wants to live in a war zone.

I don’t see this as left vs. right. I see this as we let a world partner down, because of conflicts of interest.

What makes you think that the young men and women of Ukraine were clowns?

Or that they haven’t prepared to fight ?

Maybe they haven’t larped at American Sniper for the last 8 years, but they are better trained and more motivated than the majority of us soft westerners , by far

I expect you have more in common with a gen z Ukrainian emo girl than your average fat militia man

Then why not go back even further and blame this on cold war bullshit, coming back around to rear it’s ugly head.

One of my WWIII goals will be to get a kill with a 1911. I dig tradition.

1 Like

The Cold War never ended. We have enjoyed a long period of peace and cooperation with most nations in the former Soviet bloc, as well as China. Shit, we were even almost getting along with DPRK. Aspirations of power and control always trump peace, though.

1 Like

Russian Imperial ambitions never ended more like

Russia to Ukraine is as Great Britain to Ireland

I have not seen that to be true. I’ve seen a population of untrained people who are not allowed to own and train with firearms without jumping through a million ridiculous hoops. Then, at the last second the government is begging them all to behave like soldiers.

Further, I would bet my house that the ability for these people to actually get their hands on serviceable weapons with sufficient ammo has been very limited. The logistics of making that happen at the last minute would be daunting.

Maybe the Taliban could step up, they have a surplus.

1 Like

Accepted. You mentioned that you didn’t follow the news

The civ pop has been training as sabatours and insurgents since 14, with increased intensity since the recent military build up

Maybe they only have basic training in weapon handling, but are health care professionals, drivers, runners, mechanics, cooks

Surely you know the logistics of warfare?

For every front line fighter, you need, what? Four others providing service

Apologise to Svetlana and we can get back to the real purpose of this thread