The Ukraine Thread - War Edition

Anne Fausto-Sterling s suggestion that the prevalence of intersex might be as high as 1.7% has attracted wide attention in both the scholarly press and the popular media. Many reviewers are not aware that this figure includes conditions which most clinicians do not recognize as intersex, such as Klinefelter syndrome, Turner syndrome, and late-onset adrenal hyperplasia. If the term intersex is to retain any meaning, the term should be restricted to those conditions in which chromosomal sex is inconsistent with phenotypic sex, or in which the phenotype is not classifiable as either male or female. Applying this more precise definition, the true prevalence of intersex is seen to be about 0.018%, almost 100 times lower than Fausto-Sterling s estimate of 1.7%.

Sorry, my immediate recall was one order of magnitude too low.

There is no need to quibble, she was in the ballpark enough.

There are people with intersex genetic, morphological, or endocrine deficiencies.

You do not need, and should not, say “it’s only this percentage”, when that does not matter, because the ones that do, really have those conditions.

What should be said, is those that don’t, don’t.

If you are going to wield a razor, a sharp edge needs no apology, nor explanation.

Sure. They are not the leaders or power base of the GAE clergy. And they aren’t the people being spoken to when Nike says “trans rights are human rights”.

“Fetch” is not going to be a thing.

The problem is,

(and I say this as someone with a genetic mutation that almost killed me, and that at the time of my diagnosis was killing 80% of adults so diagnosed within 3 to 5 years, and out of my 11 patient cohort, I am the only one left)

You have fallen into the trap, willingly, that the bullshit spinners have set for you.

But now, maybe you are out of it.

The narrative, is that people without genetic mutations, should be treated or given the same consideration as those that do.

And this is not so.

I can tell you that, from real experience.

That does not mean, that they do not have mental health issues, or other issues.

However, a genetic mutation, a congenital morphological defect, or an endocrine system failure, is not the same as having a mental dysphoria.

I would add, that those with physical disease, often have all the same mental health challenges, that someone without a physical disease could have, especially if that physical disease is severe in its consequence.

But the reverse is not always so, and often is not.

Not that mental illness, is not horrible in its own way.

It’s just that severe physical disease, always has severe mental health challenge, and in the best cases they have arithmetic effects, more commonly, multiplicative, and in the worse cases, they have exponential effects to each other.

So, these separate parts of the Venn Diagram, are not only, not the same, they are very, very different.

I don’t think you will find a lot of people who would agree with me who would say that these people aren’t mentally ill in some way. There are very few explanations for grooming children and pushing drugs and castration on them that don’t include mental illness as an input.

TBQH this specific and detailed discussion of the difference between medically intersex and “dysphoric” groomers is irrelevant; what is relevant is how much power they wield or how power is wielded in their name. And currently the GAE and 99% of western elites are either doing things for these people because they are having power wielded against them or they are wielding power in the name of these people, cynically or not.

Not all trans people without genetic defect, morphological defect, or endocrine system failures, are “groomers”, how many are, or are not, is pure speculation.

Further, why should we assume that all trans people without genetic defect, morphological defect, or endocrine system failures, are mentally ill?

People get tattoos, and body piercings, women get breast implants, men get penis implants, people inject themselves with steroids, and synthroid, apply make up, dress, and cross dress, get tummy tucks, and face lifts, how is this different, or worse?

In the end, we are all worm food.

I drink martinis, smoke cigars, and enjoy hot dogs.

Who am I to judge?

Maybe they just have style, and sacrifice for their art.

Not a whole lot of gymbros using gear and synthol telling 12 year old kids they should secretly use gear and synthol behind their parents’ backs and inviting them to their house to get free gear and synthol. Other than cross dressers/drag queens every other category of people you mentioned are both:

1. not openly and visibly pushing for children to have “Mr. Olympia Affirming Care”, openly and visibly grooming children especially online

2. are not having institutions pushing for children to have “Mr. Olympia Affirming Care”

Are you sure about that?

Do you know how many teen age, and pre teen football players are provided growth hormone pre-cursors by their fathers?

Let alone other older males.

And other questionable supplements.

Now you’re changing the parameters to

1. something their parent is doing
  2. something that is illegal

In the case we are addressing

1. it is often not the parent
  2. it is legal to give them hormones and cut off their breasts or testicles and penis via “Gender Affirming Care”

And most importantly:

1. these actions are supported by those in power and questioning them is bigotry

Somewhere before point 3 power is being wielded, upon or by someone who can send police to your home and take your children from you because you aren’t giving them “Gender Affirming Care”.

What is legal, is a matter of the language of the law, and depending on the legal system, whether precedents matter or not, in interpreting the law.

The overuse of the bigot argument is indeed silly, and shows weakness in substance.

Which is why I want those who agree with it not to have power.

Are you referring to the legislative, the executive, or the judicial?

For two out of the three, it should matter.

If it matters for the third, we chose poorly.

All. And also non elected or appointed in institutions. And in the private sector as well. I’m not opposed to post (hypothetical) revolution expropriation.

You are not being very specific or nuanced.
And, be careful how you reference revolutions, people might mistake your meaning.
Or your meaning, may mean other things.

No, I’m not being nuanced. Basically, if you hold a position of power in an institution or private sector and you are part of the GAE you have to go. If you are in a position of power and influence, public or private sector, and you look at “gender affirming care” of children as either okay or not enough to rock the boat over you have to go. No ifs, ands, or buts. Or put succinctly: Retire All Government (and many private) Employees.

You can say “Fetch” as much as you like.

But it is not going to be a thing, nor is it one.

It depends.

Multiply 330 million people by a half a percent.

It’s an easy shorthand that was not created by nor is solely used by me. You might not like it but once you know what the initialism means it very quickly describes the situation.