The Chinese Spy Balloon Brouhaha

This is bound to happen. You can approach an issue with the most unimpeachable analytic process and you can still be wrong. If your analysis leads you to make judgments about geopolitical issues that are 100% correct, you’re either hedging and your analysis is worthless or you’re a psychic escapee from Project Stargate.

Currency traders, and commodity traders with trading systems that are right 55% to 65% of the time, if they have prudent trade size management, and stop losses, can and do become very, very, very rich, for the time frames their systems hold.
And the currency markets and commodities markets in some ways are not bad surrogates for geopolitical risk.
So, the best in the world, are often only right 55% to 65% of the time in their real money bets, when it comes to geopolitical events, risks, and stresses.
Of course, outlier geopolitical events either tend to make their fortunes, if they are bet on them, or shift the fractal dimension of scale upon which the fluctuations occur, up or down, and then cause those same formerly useful systems to go bust.

1 Like

Absolutely. Any time you’re doing something that requires that level of judgment calls and rigorous process, whether it’s finance or IPB, you’re really good if you can be right most of the time.

1 Like

yeah, it’s so simple.

30,000 and counting. Just like COVID, you stupid motheruckers are lost in the dark. Checking your fucking phones every ten seconds.

The Chinese own you fools. Check the labels on all your shit if you don’t believe me.

All warfare is deception. I’m your Daimyo now.

Eye of the tiger in the sky.

I frankly just do not care. 30,000 dead Turks from an earthquake have zero effect on my day-to-day.

1 Like

Yeah, and it’s due to shoddy construction practices, too, which the government somehow managed to overlook in all the permitting/inspection processes in place.

Imagine that! And the contractors/builders are being prosecuted.

Total tragedy though, for the people and families suffering now, due to their totally corrupt system.

Not that this has anything to do with Chinese spy balloons, just virtue signaling.

Anyway, what, 2 or 3 other objects shot down, right? Seems like NORAD is paying a bit more attention now…

Yes and that situation is embarrassing for the administration too. First, the new AIM-9X missed in its second-ever “combat” deployment against a fucking balloon. And the first time it was used in combat it missed a Syrian fighter from the 60s. Second, they let people believe they shot down aliens for three days, including the commander of NORAD saying they couldn’t rule out aliens, before they said it wasn’t. And now it looks like they shot down a HAM radio balloon and some commercial drones.

1 Like

You think air to air missiles always hit what they are shot at ?

Let people believe… that’s some dumb fucking people, LOL.

Well, they had to make sure all the dumb people knew that they were being protected.

Come on, man, that’s the deal!

Y’all suck at conspiracy theories. Obviously its the Chinese who contacted the UFOs from Nope to blow up the trains.

I’m aware that especially IR missiles can be vulnerable to countermeasures and environmental conditions even more than radar. But the AIM 9X is supposed to be the super futuristic 90-degree aspect missile that will personally sodomize Putler with a 100% hit rate. At least until the Sun enters the chat.

You’re clearly not a god fearing man.

Did you even see the geographic rifts formed? What’s a matter doe, you’re too caught up in killing deer and judo?

What kind of construction practices do you think is going to save you, come revelations, son?

Can you fly, Bobby?

Wow, I had no idea there was tectonic activity in that area, no idea…

Right, well, they miss, regardless.

Still embarrassing to lose to a Vietnam War-era SU17 and a balloon.

Shit happens?

There was an incident in the Korean war, where a F4U Corsair shot down a MIG…

I mean, stuff happens.

Shit happens in one’s pants sometimes, still embarrassing lol.

So, what was the size of the balloon shot down over Lake Huron? What was it’s IR signature?