TaeKwonDo side kick made great again (MTKDGA)

Very TMA as well.

That is a good takedown rule. I yell at dudes in mma for not doing that in training.

Especially with the weight differences.

1 Like

I can’t plant my foot on that surface.

So I have to take the shoes off. And I’m too lazy.

Same here… I would have sunk lower if I had a more reasonable surface (even concrete is better)

But it doesn’t matter. I stiffen you if I hit. Then you can complain about my form when you wake up.

You need that back foot to generate power. So pulling it off the ground makes you rely on your upper body. And you are not big enough to pull that off.

Here’s muhammed ali throwing arm punches…

There is a time and place for everything. and he never learned better.

I am, but it might not look like it.

Power wasn’t as affected you would have thought.

I can just cut into the bag either way by timing the motions.

Yeah a heavy weight.

Here is a lightweight throwing feet punches.

And they are not arm punches.

@gregaquaman You don’t need to plant your feet, or even pivot the back leg. These are cues to beginners.

I don’t need any cues. Punchers are born. I am a puncher.

And I hit it bareknuckle with no protection. You can’t compare that with gloves. Two completely different gsnes.

It’s actually similiar to kicking.

You can kick with a very deep sink or more up. Either way is fine.

The higher up your are, the better mobility you have.

It’s the weight SHIFT that matters , not the weight itself. The bag doesn’t know how much I weigh unless I throw my entire self (arm leg,back )at it.

The gloves I got were so bad, I prefer bare knuckle.

WallMart everlast crap.

I agree (although they looked to be in normal proximity)

When I spar at range I use the Klitchko guard. Which isn’t the most popular but it gives me a little bit of extra time reaction wise.

There are downsides to the klitchko guard but all in all it made life more difficult for them than it did for me.

I did not drop my hands.

Quoted for posterity.

1 Like

Good cause it’s true. Legs are requried for long range punches.

Like my last one in the first clip.

That was actually a Karate punch, evident by the wide stance. That one needs to plant the legs cause it’s so far away.

This is close range. And you see …no need to plant.

Awesome!

twelve

My verdict is that the close range boxing right hand is more powerful than the Karate punch. When you have the body more intact, the punch is more concentrated.

When you extend the limbs for those flashy karate punches, you lose strength in the arms cause they get too separated from the rest of the body.

So the punch that looks more ambitious is actually weaker because it is launched from weaker support.

Considering how small my hands are, yeah… Pretty good power pound for pound.

You did it multiple times.