TaeKwonDo side kick made great again (MTKDGA)

Regarding track, and sprinting:
My 17 year old son was running the 100m in 12 seconds, to 12.4 seconds, depending on weather conditions (wind and temperature).

I live in IDAHO. 12 flat, which he did once, with no wind help, on a warm spring day, is not an elite level time, even in north Idaho. The fastest kids are almost a second faster than that.

I suspect that next season, he will go below 12, as part of the time is how good your off the block technique is, plus, he is maturing, has been lifting continuously for 3 years, and has some reasonable genetics for sprinting.

He will play American football, this season (starts in a week), and then wrestle after that, then track after that. So he won’t ever be out of shape (as well as lifting the whole time).

So, he is likely close to maximizing his genetic potential as a small-school (total school is less than 400 kids) athlete. As he matures, he could continue to improve, but he won’t be playing football, and unlkely to be wrestling or running track in college.

I called out everybody at the school to beat me. Nobody did. I was transfered to multiple ones. It was all the way up to college…

The gym guy was the only one who could do it. I beat the rest by such a large gap it wasn’t even competitive. So that alone should give you a pointer.

It doesn’t care about pain when an animal is in its mouth. I went progressively up until I topped it. Only then did it start to complain.

Good luck to you all. I never lifted. Maybe that’s why the kid beat me towards the end each time? Better strength when fatigue starts to kick in?

We were neck and neck all the way until the end. It can’t be a coincidence both times. It was by the slightest margin, but the same result both times.

No, it does no give me a pointer. Did you go out for the track team? Did you run competitively?

I went to a rather large high school in Texas. Like, 1100 students.

We ran competitive sprints in gym class. I was pretty fast. Then the guys on junior varsity and varsity track team got into the action.

I was no longer very fast, LOL. I’m talking in the 100m now, or more likely 100 yards back in the mid-70s. I can’t remember which.

So, unless you actually ran track, and competed, you are just, for some reason, speculating about your potential.

What’s unclear is why you do that. I mean, by all means, keep sharing, just don’t expect a lot of positive feedback to your “shoulda, coulda, woulda” type posts.

Exposure to real elite level athletes, even lower level ones, will tend to put a damper on one’s “elite” level imaginings.

I can state that from personal experience.

It’s a leverage trick. Try that on a Pit Bull, LOL.

If you did not do manual or skilled labor regularly, or lift weights regularly, your grip strength isn’t really genetically controlled, other than leverage advantages due to the set up of you fingers and palms.

I’ve done Judo with plumbers, and auto mechanics…

A teacher who had a past student who was a sprinter claimed that I could be a sprinter. And he claimed it was based on my technique.

Possible he was full of shit, but it is interesting given that I beat most people at it, and he did not know that I did. He never saw me actually running full pace.

What distance were you running against this person at? 100m? 200?

100 m is totally anaerobic energy system.

Strength IS important in sprinting at that distance, very much so, but it’s not for increasing your endurance. You have to specifically train the two anaerobic energy pathways for that. I mean, 12 seconds isn’t even much outside of the first pathway, anaerobic alactic.

There is also technique off the blocks, reaction time to the gun, stride length, stride frequency, posture, how to coordinate the arms and legs, etc.

One could take an average person and massively improve their 100m times just working on those things, regardless of genetics.

A fighting pitbull would be tougher since some of them don’t develop pain receptors. If a dog lives in isolation it doesn’t.

Btw, That malamute bit the nose of a pitbull that attacked it. I was watching it when a pitbull attacked it and the malamute went wolf mode on it. It was left shaking on the grass afterwards. bleeding from its nose.

This is getting to be a rather frequent theme in your posts.

Your technique? When were you ever coached in sprinting technique?

I mean, you may well have been above average fast, due to genetics, that’s fine.

elite? Not likely, but good for your age/skill group, maybe.

Is this code for pooping?

That’s what he said. I don’t know jack shit about sprinting. It sounded fishy to me.

How convenient! Nice story, Bro.

You totally missed the point.

Pit Bit Bulls (Staffordshire Terriers) have genetically superior bite talent, it’s been bred into them by selective breeding, including lever/structural aspects.

For reasons, right ?

A Malamute isn’t a wolf, not even close. You can look up the canine genetic studies… not saying they can’t/won’t fight, or are not formidable, as they were selectively bred to be heavy-duty, but not fast, freight sled pulling dogs.

If the Pit gets a hold of the Malamute, they won’t be letting go, and you won’t be removing the Pit due to pain or your grip strength.

“You could be a sprinter”.

General statement.

Now you are backtracking. But that’s OK, it’s a lot more realistic on your part.

The irony was that the fighting bred was traumatized afterwards, literally shaking. The malamute just went about business and said hello to another dog owner.

Dogs closest to wolves in regards to their DNA

Scientists gathered data and DNA from 1,000 dogs of 85 different breeds. After analyzing the data, they found that four dogs were closest to wolves in regards to their DNA. These breeds were the Shiba Inu, Chow Chow, Akita, and Alaskan Malamute.

No irony at all, really. “fighting breed” doesn’t mean fighting ability, or experience.

The real irony is you bringing up that not real irony.

Good job, you found it! WOOT for you.

“closest” doesn’t mean they are wolves, in terms of behavior.

Just one look at an Alaskan Malamute with its thick double coat and “wolfish” features and it’s not hard to believe that this gorgeous dog breed is one of the closest to wolves genetically. The Alaskan Malamute, like the Siberian Husky, has its origins in Siberia. The name comes from the Mahlemuts, an indigenous tribe.

Luckily, the Alaskan Malamute doesn’t share its ancestor’s unfriendliness. These dogs are said to make excellent family and companion dogs due to their playful, affectionate disposition.

Wolfes can also form bond with humans.

I met a woman living in the woods with only Mals… The malamute pack behaved exactly like wolfes to each other. and they howled like wolfes too. It was crazy.

I saw them play fight each other. It looked bizarre. Sounded like they were trying to kill each other. I wanted out of there, and I’ve grown up with dogs.

I have another anecdote with the same Malamute. It snatched a stuffed animal from a little girl who was watching on the other side of the fence. Locked jaw on it.

A dog trainer who trains rotweillers with biting walked by and said he can get it out. He tried and left. lol