My big fat fucking BJJ thread

Fat ass LARPers like yoursefl being so much better…Or not.

You should have enough gas to stay on top of someone for three minutes. It generally isn’t that physically taxing. They might be letting you go. Because top control after a while is a bit duchebaggy.

1 Like

I once had a big guy, about 60lbs heavier than me, on top control over me for several minutes and he ended up tapping because he could not keep at it anymore. It was surprising to me how despite my VERY limited grappling skills, I could kinda match up against technically superior people just because I had far greater stamina and flexibility from my decades of krotty training.
But then, physical condition IS a part of martial arts training no matter what. I think Gotch also emphasized it. People want the myth of the frail superhuman-like old master or whatever, but better leverage goes only so far and anyone doing continuous rolling for long classes needs gas in the tank.

1 Like

Can I be real for just a second?

Some of these people smell like smoke and booze.

God damn, three minutes is nothing. To them it’s the nine hella.

You are making a VERY generalized statement that depends a LOT on the individual, where he/she is training (number and skill of training partners, knowledge and teaching/coaching ability of the coach (or staff) among other factors.

Skill (the ability to effectively apply technique and knowledge) is partially dependent upon physical ability (cardio, ABCs, etc), match up with a given rolling partner or opponent in a competition, etc.

When you roll with higher skill/experience partners, they shouldn’t be just beating the shit out of you. In your case, they may well be holding you off for a while, then letting you sweep them or whatever. I used to do that all the time with my judo students. It’s SOP for decent teaching/coaching methodology, IME.

Physical development enhances your ability to apply skill effectively. That’s why for people who want to compete seriously, it’s a requirement.

Beware of confirmation bias as you continue training.

As far as guys who are always taking selfies after class, chill out. Not my cup of tea either, but they are on their own journey. You focus on yours.

You haven’t been around serious combat sports much.

1 Like

Yeah. So did GSP,s striking coach. But then he went and murdered a bunch of athletes.

I find it very hard to believe someone gassed out from 3 minutes of top control. I feel you either sweep the guy fine kudos to you if you did. Or you lay there untill he let’s you up.

I cannot see a situation where someone is so unfit that you gassed him out from the bottom.

1 Like

I second the possibility that everyone is just taking it easy on you. I generally don’t even try to hold position on very new people.

Candidly, I suspect you are very quickly becoming “that guy” in the gym given your apparent demeanor.

It sometimes happens in striking-grappling environments, especially if the person on top is a heavy weight, or not in their 20’s, or carrying some belly fat.

Oh please you don’t know the first fucking thing about me. For all you know I’m Jesus Christ on the mats, and Satan online. Maybe you’re “that guy” which makes your comment ironic.

This is the shit I’m talking about. Who the fuck has more arrogance than an online martial artist. You’ve got everyone figured out, even as you rely on nothing but some random words on a screen to map out the world. Maybe people whisper “sweats is a fucking bastard” and you secretly love it.

I’ve got bad news, people who do that are textbook examples of Dunning Kruger and a few of you seem hell bent on making sure you come across that way.

Did I say fuck too much and bruise your frail little ego? Grow a thicker skin then, stop making assumptions about people, and maybe just maybe stick to the actual subject of BJJ and leave your personal comments about situations you’re not present at up your ass where they belong.

I used 3 minutes as an example. It’s longer than a couple and not quite 10. Either way, I can sense in about half my open mat rolls that the other person can’t keep up with me.

I credit the fact that I am addicted to exercise and hit the gym 6 days a week with 1 high calorie cheat day. I can run 20 miles and still have energy to come home and clean.

If that’s “fragile masculinity” by the way…yeah no, it’s not. It’s the opposite. Maybe some people just don’t have it, they feel fat, tired, afraid. I’m just not that guy. If anybody thinks it’s toxic…good. Now go sit down in the corner and picture me rollin.

Ok. Your issue seems kind of weird.

I think your focus is on being better than them. And unfortunately at the level you are playing at is fragile masculinity.

And the reason for this is you are comparing your BJJ ability to the ability of some no name club you go to with average guys. At which point a lot of people are kind of like so what? That isn’t an indication that you have defeated BJJ with your amazing athleticism.

And it comes across as not only ego stroking but illegitimate ego stroking.

Now otherwise you could take all that potential and focus on being better than you. Find a club full of hard chargers, compete, roll with a fresh guy each minute. There are a bunch of options

But it would mean that you wouldn’t be able to settle for being the big man in the gym. And would have to work on just being better.

And this is probably why you get a sense of superiority from the other guys. Because you are only getting half of what BJJ is trying to develop.

Otherwise you sound like a vegan or a marine. And nobody wants to hear that shit.

1 Like

Oh hell no. He is no Marine.

I know. He would have told us on post one.

K Doctor Buzz, thanks for your psychological profile opinion, I’ll file that under O, right next to all the Other fucks I don’t give.

All that writing and you could have just boiled it down to " your club is shit"?

Try harder mate. Your still making this all about me, it’s not. How is it possible I joined a BJJ school and I’m not getting my ass kicked as a white belt. Are you suggesting the problems are with BJJ school standards?

Hate marines. They’re all so fucking clueless. Easy to deceive, too. Chaos Undivided knows this all too well.

What the fuck is the difference? The only people who say bullshit like this are egotistical. And apparently this is where they hang out. My BJJ thread.

Your red corral ultra belt in Internet ma foo is noted, Greg. Now piss off or post something more interesting. Your vegan bullshit wasn’t.

Pity, I suspect .
Much like no matter whose birthday it is, one must provide a cake and song for the special needs child at the party, to prevent that child from self-harm, or throwing tantrums.

My vegan bullshit was hilarious.

I think you get lost in this idea that you are the only BJJ guy who has a fitness routine. And that isn’t the case.

Sweeping Johnny nobody from your club isn’t a good indication of your ability. In the same way when I sweep crossfit noob that isn’t a good indication of mine.

You have set this really massively low benchmark to try to claim a pretty big win. And it doesn’t really stand up.

Sorry.

Go get your first white belt gold medal. Come back and we could even start having this conversation.

Otherwise I top control isn’t all that taxing. If I get my fat arse in to kasegetami I am not tired after 3 minutes. I am not tired after 20 minutes.

1 Like

Heres what I got from that.

1 You’re fat.

2 You need me to get some medals to validate your opinion

3 you suck at wrestling.

I’ll give you this much. For trying.

Remember how someone said you were “That Guy” and you were all like. “You don’t know me” and “My masculinity isn’t fragile”

And then you do these sorts of posts. And it turns out you are “That Guy” and your masculinity is fragile.

And your let’s talk about BJJ becomes let’s talk about you and your insecurities. And we now have the discussion you were accusing everyone else for having.

2 Likes