Is America doomed?

This is certainly not all of the story, but… we wouldn’t be arguing about $2,000 stimulus checks if not for shit like this:

Osiris condoned plots against Governors because of their treasonous respect for public health

1 Like

IMO the fed gov should have kept viable businesses afloat for the duration like they did for the Financial Institutions post 2007/8

Define “viable.”

Essential is maybe what you mean? I’m sure your paycheck is not essential…

2 Likes

That graph makes my point. That doesn’t concern me. I’ve had bad respiratory infections before (cold and flu) and I’ve always been aware that one could kill me if older and weaker. I just schedule death for later and it looks like covid-19 is down with my schedule. Totally ok with it.

No, I said I didn’t care. I think the governers should be arrested and tried for treason. I don’t condone terrorism.

The government kept banks, insurance companies, and auto makers afloat PRECISELY because they were not viable.

2 Likes

“Osiris condoned plots against Governors because of their treasonous respect for public health”

Well, quote the fucking text you are responding too.

Please?

2 Likes

Right, only old people die so it doesn’t matter?

1 Like

It does, but not as much as directly attacking my household.

Mary Ann died today from COVID, just a day and a half short of 2021.

Go away, 2020. Go home.

2 Likes

By viable I mean not failing. Banks decided all the time which businesses are viable in order to make decisions on loan approval, so it’s not some intractable problem

If the only reason a nail salon or bar or whatever non essential business is on the ropes is due to gvt mandated restrictions then the gvt should provide support to that business

One reason folk break public health advice is out of necessity, to earn money to survive and how can you argue with that?

Here, mid March, any body layed off, or self employed (like myself ) who, over night found their income gone could apply for €350 a week in benefits, pretty much no questions asked for 3 months. As restrictions have ebbed and flowed, so has access to this benefit

This kept us afloat and meant I didn’t have to break the rules out of necessity

I’m sure this has been abused, but it kept money flowing through the economy and allowed people to do the right thing

Not careing if terrorists kill governors is condoning terrorism IMO

If ISIS was attacking old folk’s facilities and killing 3000 seniors a day would you be so calm?

Just goes to show what can be achieved when campaign donations are on the line

Except that its not. The state does me no favors on a GOOD day, and I share their lack of concern. I’m not gonna spend time thinking about a group of people that doesn’t give a shit about me. All they’ve been doing the entire pandemic is exploiting my resources and labor and throwing me under a bus ASAP, WHILE ASKING FOR MORE. It’s shameful behavior and I’ll not pretend these people represent my interests.

No, but I’d shoot ISIS, not arrange terms of our surrender. You’d never see me living peacefully under sharia law.

You’d be coming back like “Ok guys here are the new rules. Faces must be covered at all times. Yes Al-Jeff, men too. Curfew is at 9:30. No singing, no music, no dancing. No holidays. No work. In fact no large gatherings or social visits at all. Its what we do to keep us safe from ISIS. Your act of resistance could get someone else killed. Do you want your Grandmother to be murdered because you had to have a party with music?”

Your “what have the Romans ever done for us” argument has all the angst of a whining teenager

1 Like

Great, so let’s frame the pandemic in terms that may resonate with you

COVID is ISIS

It is at war with your liberties and hates 'merca

Rise up against this granny killing bastards

We have weapons to fight COVISIS-19

Hand washing is our hand gun

Face masks are our ARs

Social distancing our artillery

Join the Batman Renegades Militia today and bring the fight to the Islama-virus

Inspired?

3 Likes

We don’t have the money to pay for social distancing.