Is America doomed?

Interesting stats on the Capitol arrests

So how would you have voted in the Impeachment trial?

Guilty!

Guilty
Guilty
Guilty
Guilty

Shame

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.64d913e13ad36cd4768ccccf7821af0f&pid=Api&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.tenor.co%2Fimages%2F64d913e13ad36cd4768ccccf7821af0f%2Fraw&ehk=Au1LNqfetYzXkRj32fmEFJqdGfA2ydzTrGI1AvgNnFs%3D

Texas is looking pretty doomed right now…these polar vortexes are getting a lot worse each year due to AGW, and the TX grid was simply not prepared for a deep freeze like this (even though they’ve been warned).

I’ve counted no fewer than half a dozen Bullies greatly affected. For those who remember FinalLegion, he’s had only a few hours of power for days now.

Lots of people getting sick and dying from the cold as well as CO poisoning from gas grills, poorly placed generators, cars…now there’s a fresh water shortage.

Thoughts and prayers, and just maybe Texas seceding from the Union isn’t such a great idea after all…

This is a mischaracterization. Yes, the vultures are poised and already looking to sue everyone and their mother - for not being able to leave their homes. Huh, kinda seems to me that’s been the chief complaint for the last year. 104 weeks to flatten the curve, or something.

Of course, only 23% of the state’s power is wind, which froze up on the order of 50%, and they did have to shut a nuke because the cooling water froze. So, from an energy perspective, the culprit here is “alternatives,” not fossil fuel/AGW bullshit. 8 inches of snow and ice on your solar panels makes it pretty hard to move those electrons, btw.

Fresh water is a problem in some areas because of pipes freezing up, but that was almost wholly preventable without government intervention.

And, LOL, this skewering of Ted Cruz going to Cancun. Democracy demands that our leaders die first, amirite? Kinda sounds like some 1/6 bullshit, to me.

In other Texas news:

Honestly, Texas royally messed up their response to COVID early on, like Florida continues to do, but in that promisingly stubborn Texan way rather than that idiotically doomed Florida way. I can show this with graphs if you want but COVID data is seriously depressing.

NJ is the densest populated state and we have a relatively flat infection rate over the last 12 months.

All of those wind generation and nuclear plants could have cold weather proofed their gear. They didn’t to save costs, knowing full well there was a >0% chance of a massive polar vortex event. Welcome to that event. As we both know, risk management is a bitch when done poorly.

People can’t even get access to firewood right in in TX if they didn’t have a stockpile. Firewood is being rationed in TX. Hard to believe, but it’s the truth.

This is what I worry about the most for people in TX. It doesn’t take more than a couple of days before lack of water becomes a huge issue, i.e. Katrina.

Phrost keeps posting pictures of this one damn frozen pool, and I keep thinking to myself “that pool water is totally potable”.

I noticed the big dip there too. Amazingly, this extreme weather event may actually be the most effective COVID mitigation to hit Texas since the vaccine.

Just a couple weeks back you guys were competing with FL in daily new cases.

Nice strawman. We spend weeks, even months over 100F, and it’s AGW. Then we spend a week under 32F, and it’s AGW. There’s no way to argue, because AGW has claimed every possible position. Ingenius, and disingenuous.

You and I both know that this is a once in a century-or-two event, for which the predecessor predates AGW by a bit.

You mean the people that moved to Houston from NOLA because of Katrina? Yeah, they are probably gonna fall on hard times, what with the no work, and then the no working allowed, and then the snowpocalypse. I think we had a hurricane or two in there, as well. The one thing I know for sure is that BLM protests had nothing to do with this winter storm.

Rona is not an STD. It’s the flu on batshit steroids. I’m sick of this “if you only choke yourself to death you won’t catch it (probably).” narrative. It’s an infectious disease, we all knew we were going to get it, regardless of behavior. Otherwise, why flatten the curve?

Not any more. I know there is some debate among climatologists how much AGW contributes to the extremity of the polar vortex’s range, but I didn’t make that up, it’s the current science. There is a correlation and it’s also funny enough the plot to “The Day After Tomorrow”.

Accepting that “science,” is infallible is the new religion.

So that the entire hospital system in America didn’t collapse, basically. In some areas that’s still a real concern.

Funny story, there’s debate online raging right now about solar panels, like you mentioned.

Apparently some people in Texas actually believe they don’t work in the cold (regardless of snow cover).

Science!

I seem to remember an entire hospital ship in NYC that was unused… Also, there are myriad stories about how COVID pre-emptions have basically emptied the hospitals of patients.

Many of these inoperational panels are purely supplemental water heating. Go figure.

That’s what happens when there is a leadership void at the top and no national plan.

Remember, Trump disbanded the pandemic office right before this all occurred, and then claimed it was a hoax. And here we are, Texas is now frozen AND covered in the superflu.

Where’s Stu when you need him?

Sorry I meant there are people who believe that solar panels collect heat, instead of light energy.

Which, I have to say, is an interesting topic to discuss, because it’s not exactly black and white, as you well know. But these idiots arguing can’t see past their false dualities.

I’m getting to the point where I want to stop chatting online and just laugh at all the silly people.

Yes, this is all Trump’s fault. Let the hate flow through you.

Demonstrably untrue, based on the figures I provided, and your previous intimation that the freeze was improving the numbers.

(edit) Remember that time about 5 minutes ago when you said:

(emphasis mine)