How is your training going: An open discussion topic since I don't think we have one right now?

Just checking in with everybody. How is your training going these days, if you are at the same place, no longer training, changed gyms, teaching, aspiring to teach or think it’s not practical for ‘teh streets’ ™

Currenlty Im assessing moving on from Goju ryu and switching to muay thai that works around my schedule a lot better and doesn’t require forking out more money for one to ones to learn kata (a barrier to my progress)

Virtually non existent since pandemic started. Hope to get back in this year sometime.

Good. We have three young bucks going for their first fights at the moment. So plenty of energy.

Otherwise still doing the jits. Working on pistol chokes at the moment.

best of luck, what would you do if the place you were originally training at didn’t reopen?

Well, I have a forehead reflex ball for fist accuracy, but my Dr says I can’t overdo it because of my shitty blood cells.
So I keep my mind busy.
La Pluma es más fuerte que la Espada even if they don’t allow katanas nor in hospital neither in my mamma’s basement.

But my Chi is Supersayan level, and I cook sometimes

Either find somewhere else to train or would have to stop training if there were no viable options.

Going great. Pretty soon I should be able to achieve a global shut down using nothing but jiujitsu basics.

No training for me. Too crippled up from past-life training.

Thats a coincidence.

I slipped on water and tore all tendons in my left knee. Needed surgery and have been trying to walk unaided for months now. Training has become very difficult.

1 Like

My training is OK, but I’m getting old and all the interest on the chronic injuries is coming due.

Hang in there.

Hey man, i’ve done loads of damage to my knees, had a two major surgeries.

I have no idea how bad yours are, but make sure you work that early rehab, then just keep the ego aside and start small building up. How much you are able to recover might surprise you. It’s very difficult to stay motivated, especially if you are in the 1 year range for recovery. Just take it one day at a time.

On my own training, today is a sad day for me, last day training with my coach before he emigrates to the US. Going to have to start hunting around to find a new place to train, not easy finding a good coach and a nice crowd of people. Feeling bleak. On the plus side i’ve got a lot of good equipment at home to keep me busy until i find something. Just added a rower to my collection which i’m keen to include in my program.

Nice to see some training related chat happening again.

1 Like

Bodyweight only, currently. Squats, push-ups, sit-ups.

is there a 10k run and a chance of going bald in there as well?

1 Like

Balding, not bald (except this one time, by choice). I plan to take up running, again, soon.

just make sure to restraint the punches going forward

1 Like

I’m shooting firearms and hiking a lot.

doesn’t sound like a bad time.

Can’t really do grappling anymore, though, is the worst part.

I also go fishing where I have to hike in/climb to get to fishing spot.