Gun Control Thread

More US firearm restrictions won’t prevent criminals from getting guns.

That is true, whether I like guns, despise guns, or am apathetic towards guns.

Let’s be more specific. A very specific demographic is shooting a lot of Americans, mostly of that same demographic.

I can’t tell you guys apart.

Having a sook doesn’t change that. I just don’t take what you say at face value and dont have the motivation to churn through those statistics to see if the are true, false or kind of true but taken out of context.

So should kids have guns? I mean what is stopping them getting guns illegally.

Nothing.

Prosecuting under the Federal laws would help.

Then again, the majority of these are taking place in rather liberal cities.

You can tell us apart, you’re just not allowed to notice things lmao

Yeah. I assume more violence in shit holes and so by definition more gun deaths.

Which is probably what spurs the stricter gun laws. And if i could be bothered those areas probably have more police cracking more skulls and throwing more people in jail as well.

Which i could then hilariously conclude that none of that works to stop crime either.

But I don’t care. Obviously all these dead gun victims are basically a disposable cost of whatever society you guys want.

So crack on i say.

We had 241 gun deaths this year apparently
I mean if you want context.

At a quick look Florida with about 2 million less people has had about 2,800.

I mean yeah there is going to be some semantics but it isn’t exactly a close race.

They don’t. Especially since the Summer of Floyd.

Did many more people die though?

Yes actually. 2020, the year of Saint Floyd, saw a 30% increase in homicides. 2021 saw a 6% increase over 2020.

Nice work guys

Correct, whether or not you have a sook, matters not.

A lack of motivation on your part is not, and never was equivalent to the experts who donate their time on this board to expose frauds and debunk bullshit “making stuff up”.

And in fact, such false claims add noise, to areas where there is already too much noise versus good signal (popular bullshit narratives, or misinformation trends, or frauds, or predators).

In this case, one can easily verify my debunk is true by either:

1. Going to the CDC website, and looking at cause of death data for 0 - 17, versus 0 - 19 years of age
    or
  2. In the media links that make the claim, pay careful attention to whether they disclaim 0-19 OR if they reference an academic study, if they mention an academic study (or) CDC claim, go to that study, and take note if they are using 0 -19 numbers, versus 0 -17.

If you are not motivated to do that, that is fine,

but there is no reason to make the false claim that I or any other expert in the relevant discipline “make stuff up”, or to claim that my comments are false,

when they are a matter of public record, and trivially easy for the general public to verify, as true, so long as they have Internet access.

Kids who live in high narco trade areas, and are involved in illegal activities, already have guns, even though ironically, those are the places with the most restrictive gun laws.

Every year about 3,000 Australians and about 3,000 Floridians kill themselves.

And in Florida suicide ends up being 2/3 to 3/4 of the gun deaths every year.

Would you kindly double check if the Australia number you reported for 2022 to date was exclusive of suicides,

and whether the Florida 2022 to date number you reported was inclusive of suicides?

And might I ask, from what data source did you pull those numbers?

You makking stuff up adds noise to the conversation. Adds miss information and doesn’t help much.c

Me having to pointlessly fact check you isn’t my job. Especially when regardless of the evidence you will make more stuff up to say you are right.

And no it isn’t a false claim. You made that up as well.

I can more easily debunk your claim by saying you produced no evidence and your credibility isn’t great. And that is all i have to do to debunk in this case.

63% of sucides are by gun in Florida according to this. Not 3/4 not even close

I mean we could semantics that death toll down by your made up 3/4 if you want and it would still be more than twice ours. And i don’t even have to check if suicide is counted in ours or not.

The disparity is just that large.

I got Australias number from here.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-deaths-by-country

Exactly. We probably shouldn’t bother enforcing laws that don’t work. And it would solve that pesky school shooting issue as well.

You are stating to me, what I have told you and Doof that you both do, when you make uneducated opinions about matters you know nothing about, or make mindless trolls.

Correct, when you do that, it creates misinformation and does not add much.

I offered the means for anyone to go right to the data the others were deriving their claim from, so they could see the derived claim being bandied about by the media and even some academic papers was from CDC 0 to 19 data, not 0 to 17 data.

Yes, I understand you lie, because you cannot possibly keep up.

Also, your claim about not producing evidence is particularly ridiculous, and false, as I referenced the ranges of CDC data in question, which are public record.

That is why you should listen more, and troll less, in the serious discussions.

Being a bouncer at that night club for 20 years, did not make you well prepared to participate in discussions outside of being a bouncer at that nightclub.

What I said was:

Because that is the typical range from year to year.

63% in the source you picked is pretty close to 2/3.

Why so many suicides in Australia, despite the firearm restrictions?

After all, most of the U.S. firearm deaths are suicides.

And yet places like Japan have a suicide rate that is greater than the US suicide and murder rate combined, despite Japan having some of the strictest gun laws out there.