Enough is Enough: Instructors, it is NOT okay to have sex with your students

And/or facilitates institutional cover ups, retribution, etc of malfeasance.

I don’t need more martial arts. I need a refund on what I paid for excess training costs I was supposed to earn back through teaching.

You can still teach though right? Just not under anyone else’s banner ?

Happens over here all the time .

Um, teach where? Who do you think is hiring? I never needed anyone’s banner. Not for a single second. The resume and ability sold itself. It’s not that I had a trashy rep and didn’t want to pay for a banner to clean that up. I had a clean rep and they trashed it because I wouldn’t buy their banners. Cause I never needed it. Prior to the smear campaign I could outsell any franchise and any black belt in the region based on ability, based on teaching ability, based on resume and based on tournament results.

If I were hireable based on my actual reputation, I’d have, like I had before, the number one program in the region. Shoulda just shot Vinny when he said “Give me the money or else.” Biggest regret in my life is letting that fraud live. In fact, I shoulda just had him fired when I realized he was a fake, but I thought big BJJ scandals were silly.

Move to Europe

Your exotic Mercan accent will drive the ladies crazy

Got plenty hos. Never left the entertainment industry. I just want the bag I spent on BJJ back. Massive waste of time and money. Had they told me it was a pyramid scheme I’d have never enrolled. I went to business school. I know what that is. Also, they have internet in Europe. It’s a global cyberstalking thing, not a personal reputation thing.

I just don’t understand why people would assume I’d WANT to sign another guys name to ten + years of MY work. And then pay him for it. Da fuck? If I need another person to take credit, the work is trash and doesn’t deserve to be out there.

I still think he should go the RSBD route. More money less work. And who the fuck would they send after you. Icey Mike?

1 Like

I don’t think anyone is disagreeing you got screwed. It is more whether the reward is worth the effort to win against these guys.

There are a lot of black belts who have funked off, left the country and are doing really well for themselves in nations that are a little more appreciative of that skill set.

And I think winding up teaching on a tropical usland somewhere would be one of the better endings to this story.

That may be the wave.

1 Like

I’ve built strong ties to the homeland at this point. I’ll be staying.

The BJJ story, no matter what happens next, is a story of violent abuse. Period. I’ve done more meaningful shit since, some of which will be history.

2 Likes

The karate world over here used to be full of all kinds of fraudfuckery. But then people got bored of the low signal to noise ratio and the silly movie-wannabe stuff and moved on to other sports and the extortion practices slowly went away as karate shifted more into glorified nursery day-care places. I wonder how the BJJ world will evolve once everyone is bored and well past the UFC hype glory days. Over here I have seen a drastic decrease in interest in the general public and membership has dropped in all training places.

I am sure the extortion practices will not help, in the long run.

A lot of the problem is Martial Arts in a general sense does not screen for narcissists. While there are a lot of fantastic instructors; there are some who prey on other people. Every red flag pops up when you start researching the instructor.

Clearly the instuctors who do this are in the martial arts for all of the wrong reasons, and should be exposed for throwing away not only their integrity, but the integrity of their art, and school.

I propose a long corridor of mirrors

If subject spends more than 30% of the time looking at themselves they get rejected from Martial Arts

Martial Arts in a general sense does not screen for narcissists.

Unfortunately martial arts, and many similarly veiwed activities or jobs, is the kind of thing that attracts narcissistic and predatory people. Especially instructor roles.

And even if they dont take on those roles with the intention to sleep with students, or use the inherent trust and power dynamic to that effect, i suspect many of them do anyway without realising. At least the first time.

Then its a matter of ease and access. Humans are pretty programmed to use the easiest method of getting what we want. And that power dynamic is fairly addictive for some people.

Especially if they tell themselves this person is a martial artist. Capable of saying no or making them stop.
And in many cases they may be right. The person may not feel any reluctance to say no and therefore can properly consent. Can build a relationship outside of that instructor role.

But in many cases there will be barriers making a person reluctant. The fear of disappointing someone they crave attention and praise from, the concern that they might jepardise thier place in the school/gym/dojo etc, or even just under the impression that this is what they should do as a member.

This kind of relationship, one with a foundation of a fear or reluctance to say no, is never healthy. Is inherently one sided and, in most cases, predatory.
It can never grow beyond that instructor dynamic, and regardless of how it turns out, should 100% be avoided, disallowed and condemned.

Sorry for my rant.

1 Like

I’m not sure there is any profession that screens for narcissists , but in any unregulated profession there is fertile ground for antisocial personality types to flourish

I’m standing behind the “corridor of mirrors” technique though

Dont know that I would pass that, tbh.

Narcissists are not really the problem.
Sure, they are obnoxious, in their way.
It’s just the predators, be they narcissists, or otherwise, that are a problem.

A narcissist would of course see themselves as the victim though.