Data driven approach to COVID19 vaccination for kids, and adults

Save who time?
You or me?
It might save time if you participate in the learning exercises, for things that you ask other people to teach, that they know how to do, and you do not.
In school, were you the guy in chem lab that did none of the work themselves, and then asked to copy your lab partner’s notebook?

I’ll give you a hint, because you are claiming to be too stupid to even go through the process where you would figure it out for yourself:

Countries that can afford refrigeration use the Salk Polio vaccine, and not the Sabin Polio vaccine for a reason.

And, I’ll give you a second hint:

3 to 4 doses of either the Salk or Sabine vaccine provide 99% to 100% immunity to Polio.

And both those hints relate to the same reason why Polio, and the Polio vaccines, particularly the Salk are not like the COVID19 and COVID19 vaccines situation in some important ways.

The Sabin vaccine is, for a short window, a potentially leaky vaccine.

All of our current COVID19 vaccines are leaky. Meaning, they do not prevent infection, unlike someone who has had 3 to 4 doses of the Polio vaccine (after a short window has passed as well, for the Sabin vaccine).

Children, unlike adults, tend not to get severe COVID19 cases.

Polio, mainly affects children under the age of 5, the exact opposite of COVID19.

Likewise, the general protocol for countries where Polio rates are very low, is that children be vaccinated,

but vaccination for adults who have never been vaccinated for Polio tends to be recommended only if one or more of the following conditions is met:

• People who travel to areas of the world where polio is common.
  • Lab workers who might handle poliovirus.
  • Health care workers who treat patients who could have polio.

So much like my comments about COVID19, regarding children probably do not need COVID19 vaccination in areas with low rates of COVID19, where the hospital system is not strained due to COVID19, because children are the lowest risk group for COVID19,

The protocol for Polio, the virus you brought up, generally is: adults who have never been vaccinated for Polio, generally do not need to get vaccinated for Polio, as they are the lowest risk group for Polio, unless they are traveling to a Polio hotzone, or are a healthworker treating Polio patients, or a lab worker handling Polio.

Likewise, the current COVID19 vaccines are all leaky to some degree, and do not prevent infections, nor reinfections, with the same efficacy rate as 3 to 4 Polio vaccinations, which are between 99% to 100% effective at preventing Polio infection in those so vaccinated, unlike all the current COVID19 vaccines.

You could have figured this out on your own, and I even graciously offered to walk you through figuring it out on your own, you lazy bastard.

Bullshido is a non-profit. Why don’t you make a donation, to the site’s non-profit donation link.

Because you don’t contribute much, nor do you do much of your own work.

That and the risk profile of the kids makes it a no brainer for me. I don’t really understand why it’s even discussed. The risk of the vaccination vs the reduction in risk in terms of the impacted group (kids) makes absolutely no sense to me.

Yes that’s all very well, but you are avoiding the question I asked

You claim that we don’t need to vaccinate kids because the numbers are so low (as seen in the PP free op)
The numbers for polio are even lower but you don’t think the vaccination program should be ended

Had you claimed that kids should not be vaccinated because the vaccine is ineffectual, then that’s another story

You’re pushing YouTube propaganda.

Stop it. I mean I can block this bullshit Whack a Mole style all day long, but you could do the whole world a service.

Take one fucking gander an inch left on the screen from the dumbfuck with the British accents stupid mouth. What the fuck is this guy reading?

Never met a kid with Long Vid symptom?

Weirdo.

You tend to ask the wrong questions, stupid questions, loaded questions, etc.

However, in this case you asked me to:

And, I did just that, with specifics, of how they are different.

I also commented on how they are similar.

You are welcome.

Why don’t you make a donation to the Bullshido non-profit, now.

You have a problem speaking straight

A simple question is usually answered with some strange slam poetry spoken word performance art

The question is simple

Answer it or don’t

Is it?

When there are now more cases of Polio vaccine caused Polio infections and paralysis,

than paralysis caused by natural polio infection, globally on a yearly basis?

And, ironically, given your locale, and you making the comparison to Polio,

the last U.K. Polio outbreak earlier this year, was in fact, an outbreak of vaccine derived Polio.

So, many real world problems are not going to be as simple, as you might like them to be,

and will require considering questions with some complication, and answers with some complication, and in most cases, careful specifics, and nuance, not generalities.

What about “No Refunds” do you not understand?

Controlling for lock down stress, and underlying health conditions, kids with long COVID19 are extremely rare.
However, children suffering from lock down stress, and mental health issues from lock down stress, were and are extremely high.

1 Like

I thought it was a well sourced clip. All his sources are in the comment section. I thought something providing a summary of info but supplying detailed references to official sources would be of use, and it was on topic.

Even if i had it wouldn’t imply that it was a problem at scale.

I was trying to find stats now on the % children as a whole who are at risk of long covid. Could you point me at something i could take a look at?

according to the CDC:

" As of February 2022, approximately 75% of children and adolescents had serologic evidence of previous infection with SARS-CoV-2, with approximately one third becoming newly seropositive since December 2021. The greatest increases in seroprevalence during September 2021–February 2022, occurred in the age groups with the lowest vaccination coverage; the proportion of the U.S. population fully vaccinated by April 2022 increased with age (5–11, 28%; 12–17, 59%; 18–49, 69%; 50–64, 80%; and ≥65 years, 90%).*** Lower seroprevalence among adults aged ≥65 years, who are at greater risk for severe illness from COVID-19, might also be related to the increased use of additional precautions with increasing age (3 )."

It the next section it does still mention this:
“Vaccination remains the safest strategy for preventing complications from SARS-CoV-2 infection, including hospitalization among children”

Source: Seroprevalence of Infection-Induced SARS-CoV-2 Antibodies — United States, September 2021–February 2022 | MMWR

At infection rates that high, I would have expected to see more noise in the press in terms of long covid.

Not the time nor the inclination. Not a hill i would spend a second thought on … much less die on. :slight_smile:

Happy to drop the topic all together.

So you think polio vaccination should be discontinued?

I’m not in England as I have said before

Perhaps the dementia has started to affect your cognitive functions

Not what I said.
My goodness your reading comprehension is poor.

Perhaps if you spoke plainly your meaning would be more accessible to us proles

So you think the polio vaccine should stay but covid vaccine should go?

Not remotely what I said.

As I keep repeating, these are not either / or questions.

The question is when should we give Polio vaccines, and when should we not, for specific individuals, specific demographics, and in specific regions / communities?

What are the costs and consequences of giving them, versus not giving them, for both specific individuals, and aggregate populations?

The same questions must be asked for COVID19 vaccines.

Also, as I have previously explained, which Polio vaccines, and which COVID19 vaccines, also matter.

But the WHO promote general blanket vaccination to prevent epidemics

Would you say that that public health strategy is not fit for purpose, and why?

The WHO is the organization that has been raising the alarm about the vaccine derived polio outbreaks, especially in the poorer countries.

and why?

Because experts put into inherently political positions i.e. policy making and enforcing roles are no longer neutral experts doing what is objectively and empirically the best thing. This is something we have been hopefully learning over the last few decades. Remember, the individuals in the Federal Reserve, the DOJ, and the IC are experts too; yet our economy is in shambles and they aren’t sure what to do about it so they are making moves that are politically motivated, the FBI is constantly creating the “terrorist cells” they are busting, and we invaded Iraq on the back of a PDB supporting the WMD narrative.

Would you rather have an expert with a conflict of interest, or a non-expert with a conflict of interest, at the helm?
Because they both will have conflict of interests, that is for sure.

Neither of those is “Democracy” though. If the people in power are all about “Democracy” then I want them to have to deal with real democracy. That means no administrative state, anything beyond the most basic executive agency actions require direction from Congress. The Supremes took it way too easy on WV v EPA for my taste.