Corrected: Idaho DOESN'T Issue Universal Do Not Resuscitate Order for All Hospitals, Idahoan Journalist Sucks

cover_image_7991.png.1000x1000_q85

[See thread update, article has since been “corrected”.]

“Universal DNR Order: Adult patients hospitalized during a public health emergency, when crisis standards of care have been declared, should receive aggressive interventions; however, they should receive NO attempts at resuscitation (compressions, shocks or intubation if not yet intubated) in the event of cardiac arrest. The likelihood of survival after a cardiac arrest is extremely low for adult patients. As well, resuscitation poses significant risk to healthcare workers due to aerosolization of body fluids and uses large quantities of scarce resources such as staff time, personal protective equipment, and lifesaving medications, with minimal opportunity for benefit.”

https://www.idahostatesman.com/opinion/editorials/article254287998.html

The moral of this story is, Get the vaccine!

2 Likes

The vaccine has nothing to do with it. It isn’t like they are doing this for the vaccinated but not the unvaccinated, or COVID patients only. Personally I think that is scary shit.

2 Likes

Good luck enforcing this.

1 Like

What do you mean? The physicians aren’t going to ignore this, it is a standard practice in crisis situations and a part of triage.

1 Like

The unvaccinated are the ones overrunning hospitals.240389537_10159298079784346_6464178777236018493_n

I get that. I was just pointing out that being a responsible citizen and getting vaccinated will not keep you from being on the shit end of an involuntary DNR.

5 Likes

Doctors have a duty of care. Some probably take that more seriously than others.

If an Idaho hospital is not in a triage situation where doctors need to start prioritizing some patients over others. I’m sure some of them might put in a bit of extra effort. Because the beaurocrat that put out this directive is not going to be the one to look a family in the eye and explain why they did not do everything in their ability to try and help somebody’s loved one.

And if the state of Idaho wishes to try and strong arm doctors for simply acting in what they considered to be the best interest of their patient. Practicing along the lines of standardized and accepted medical practises… Fuck that beaurocrat.

Doctors should decide for themselves when triage is needed.

Also your shitty source just added this @Phrost

Correction: This editorial was updated Sunday, Sept. 19, to add context to the crisis standards for cardiac arrest. That portion of the crisis standards only becomes a factor if ventilators become scarce.

4 Likes

I was deliberately understating dung.

Because I’m a sarcastic jerk sometimes.

Good find.

Fucking Idaho.

Post updated.

2 Likes

You are welcome !

Also, moar than one source next time?

I can be retrained for medical work. A lot of people can. Niggas need money.

What speciality would you choose?

I can hit buttons and follow a routine they tell me to.

For a forum thread to start a discussion? Nah.

This should have sufficed given that there can’t be more than 3 newspapers in all of Idaho; you’d expect them to be reputable.

You sound like army material

Excuses for shoddy work on your part (wink), right.

You might try the source I posted next time, LOL.

For the record:

https://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/crisis-standards-care

They’re throwing my dudes out of the army.