British physicians report that they are pressured to prematurely diagnose gender dysphoria and over prescribe trans medical treatments for children

My perception is that any establishment elite compromise on the GAE religion is deception.

‘ant-woke’ is buzzword, as is the recent ‘protect the words mother/women’ etc those words aren’t under attack in the mind of anyone but ragin transphobes. How would one attack a word?

When Sunak was talking about reviewing the equality act of 2010, he failed to mention what that actually covers, and it’s legal protections from discrimination, including in healthcare and employment.

That’s a very different issue than ‘protect’ a word and could have disastrous consequences if that ball gets rolling. Unfortunately, idiots who would cheer for this probably don’t even know what the equality act covers or if they themselves benefit from it.

My understanding is that it is not the words themselves that are under attack it is the use of them .

For example instead of referring to somebody who gives birth as the mother of the child some are campaigning for the use the term “birthing parent “ instead in certain settings like hospitals.

This is, once again, a manifestation of the whole post-modern… thing…process…that is going on.

Nothing is real until it has words, no objective reality, stuff like that.

Another process is maybe “control the narrative”, but it’s more like “control words” to control the narrative.

And it to some degree works…

There are now some calls to close some of the Scottish NHS clinics for the same reason “safety concerns”:

The UK National Institute of Health and Care Excellence (NICE) says there is little data regarding the safety and benefits, if any, regarding using puberty blockers or cross sex hormones to minors to treat gender dysphoria, and that the research that has been done to date, is of low quality:

This is interesting, because it mirrors recent statements made by the Florida Department of Health, which are at policy odds with the U.S. Federal Government:

"The current evidence does not support the use of puberty blockers, hormone treatments, or surgical procedures for children and adolescents, considering:

• 80% of those seeking clinical care will lose their desire to identify with the non-birth sex,
  • the importance of puberty to brain development, with the pre-frontal cortex (which is responsible for executive functions, such as decision making) continuing to develop until Department's guidance is available hereapproximately 25 years of age,
  • and the potentially irreversible consequences such as cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, infertility, increased cancer risk, and thrombosis."

And released a fact check statement on the Federal guideline claims:

The Florida Department of Health’s statements seem to mirror the UK NHS interim report findings, as well the policy directions of Sweden, Finland, and France.

2 Likes

Gotta love those British Government acronyms.

Always come off as a bit dystopian to me.

And everyone who would disagree with you is a “transphobe” right?

Through the use of GAE clerics (DEI consultants) in HR departments getting people fired for a (redditbrain activate) heckin misgendering or not saying Latinx.

NHS England issues guidance that most children claiming trans status are going through a phase, and issued guidances against the use of puberty blockers, and even issued cautionary guidance regarding children social transitioning.

Interesting article, thanks for posting it.

Original article:

Will be interesting to see if it really gets picked up in the USA.

“Probably” going through a phase. The link title is deliberately misleading, and it’s quite an important distinction

Probably as much to do with cost saving as real concern about children if the truth be known

I highly doubt that.

Puberty blockers are a lot cheaper than mental health counseling sessions, or the safeguarding measures the draft addresses to make sure children are not being given them off label or illegally.

I was assured for a decade now by Britbongs and Leafs that nationalized healthcare is actually less expensive and would never be subject to cost cutting by the state.

Sadly everything is politised over there so whatever side agrees with it the other side will say the complete opposite.

Heaven forbid Trump gets in and legislates against child transitioning as it will be top of the list of things to undo as soon as he is no longer in office.

Like it’s not here or anywhere else for that matter.

I’m glad to see them trying to put the brakes on the whole process.

I was assured by the most educated of libtards that this wasn’t happening and it was just a conspiracy theory to commit stochastic terrorism against our brave medical heroes.

I suspect a lot of them don’t even realize the apparent extent of it. Their virtue-signaling reflex gets triggered and it’s off to the races.

Of course, it works both ways, too.

Holee fuk…

The almighty pound combined with… well, what else could it be?