Bigotry, Transphobia, and YOU

Never mind, as Omar Sharif famously said…

YOu’d have to get a moderator to do it, AFAIK.

Right.

The local people in those domains,

Do not want Democracy,

They want autocracy,

And Justice, from their local Sheik.

Anyway, that is what Omar Shariff said,

In trying to explain…

Nevermind.

That’s a lot harder to deal with than surficial stuff…

And you can’t just blame Republicans for it, either.

But chasing the deer, and the rabbits, and squirrels, is so much fun, right?

If you are a dog.

We can all agree on that.

Sure, but the dog’s only agenda is the chasing, and catching, if they can. Then they get to kill the rabbit/squirrel/deer (maybe), etc.

And maybe get a meal.

We all know dogs, that exist to chase, and bark.

But they never catch anything.

They would be surprised if they did.

And wouldn’t know what to do,

if that unexpected event, happened.

This is true, vast majority would be at a loss.

#FreeTheNipple.
also
#Legalize all drugs for adults, without a prescription, and lab tests.
#FuckTheMachine
also, while we are at it
#LegalizeSexWorkForAdults.
and
#FuckFacebook.

Not quite, an extreme group who made around 5000 tweets calling it that doesn’t represent the rest of us or mean there was some official name change. Saying it was ‘renamed’ like this is some big official thing isn’t really representative of anything in the same way I and a handful of brits could start calling Bonfire night ‘overthrow the government day’, march on downing street and then you speaking about it in the same way.

I could make a joke about needing a deed poll but nah.

2 Likes

probably because changes in legislation to reduce access to healthcare and other services that they may need, along with an increase of violence against said people these changes effect in the western ‘developed’ world has caused said demographic , who used to just want to fly under the radar and not cause a scene now feel they have to rally. And in countries with a right to bare arms, that will on cause people to take up weapons if they are in some way under attack.

‘Pics were posted’ doesn’t make for a nuanced, context included view on the matter now does it?

That would hold true for other groups as well.

By that logic, Trump doesn’t support Nazis. I just want us to be consistent.

Under 18 U.S.C. § 922 (Federal law) it is unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person “has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution.”

It is also unlawful for someone who is a user of illegal drugs, including marijuana, or who is an alcoholic who is still drinking to buy a firearm.

There are also age requirements.

And some other requirements and restrictions.

However, if a trans person is of the right age, and does not fall into any of the restriction categories regarding past crimes, mental health history, substance abuse, etc, they have the same right to bear arms as anyone else in the U.S.

As a matter of fact, I have taught gun safety courses, and introductory firearm classes, to people who were in drag during the class.

I did not ask if they considered themselves trans gender or not, as it was not relevant to the class.

But, they were biological males in drag.

This was following the Pulse Nightclub Shooting, as we put on a few gun safety and firearm introductory classes at no charge for members of the LGBTQ community at no cost (other than their range fees, for those who then shot firearms after the free class room portion).

So, trans people knowing how to use firearms, and bearing arms is not necessarily a bad thing, but rather I view it as a good thing, so long as they do not fall into the restriction categories, and do not commit criminal acts with them.

Everybody has a right to defend themselves.

And speaking of restrictions, I know quite a few people who ignore the marijuana prohibition. Even though that is still a Federal restriction, several States have announced they are not going to enforce that, as marijuana, medical or otherwise, is legal in their States.

In any case, the Nashville killer incident is not going to make me inclined to stop teaching trans people, or people in drag, gun safety or introductory firearm use classes.

If I had knowledge somebody (anybody) was a drug addict, or had a mental health history that fell under the restriction requirements, that would cause me not to have someone in that class, in many cases, though.

First, that implies that there is an official group in charge of who is and who isn’t trans, and what events they can have. But, you seem to be saying this is a crowd-sourced thing. How do you explain that the event was called off?

https://www.google.com/search?q=trans+vengeance+called+off

There ARE official groups making the events and such. This is an ORGANIZED effort, not an organic effort.

Cite some credible sources or GTFO.

You mean like the JBGC groups that have been showing up, like, in Baltimore a while back?

Who is “us”? And who is talking about Trump?

No they are implying that those who identify as trans are not a homogeneous group.

And that event was called off because of threats of violence.

quod erat demonstrandum