Trans advantage?

It’s none of their fucking business.

2 Likes

And has nothing to do with teaching Grammar, Math, Science, History, etc.

Even if the class is sex ed, there is no reason to ask students to share their sexual preferences, or their own sexual activities.

It is NOT necessary for teaching the material, and as you say, is none of the teacher’s (or anyone’s) business.

1 Like

I’m sure @doofaloofa would have a shit hissy if a teacher of his kids called one of them into their office or wanted to discuss their sexual preferences. I mean, WTF, they can just text them, right? Maybe have a Snapchat meeting…

1 Like

If this legislation was designed to prohibit sexualy explicit speech to children I would not have a problem , although to some just talking about the biological mechanism is considered explicit

Discussing same gender love, or gender identity, as covered by the legislation, is not the same as talking dirty to students

What if your kid asked a teacher what transgender meant and that teacher got fired because they answered factually ?

Would you consider that fair?

Teachers do get fired for that, and have, in many districts.

Many districts have policies on what teachers can say about such things.

They could under the legislation you posted about in the article

Teachers are already fired if they do not comply with certain speech that may violate biological fact, regarding the trans gender issue.

That’s an issue for parents to handle. Teacher declines, and writes a note for the parents of the kid.

As an adult, I have no desire to discuss matters such as that with another person’s minor child.

See how easy that is?

2 Likes

So they simply comply with the legislation. How difficult is that?

And what a relief to the teachers, they can just say “you should discuss that with your parents”.

2 Likes

Who am I to accept or not? I’m not a woman having to compete against biological men in sports. A standard giving a very relative few a sense of fairness at the expense of the majority.

1 Like

As long as she signs a contract, for money, to fight in a ruleset, she must have freedom to do so. Her body, her scars, she decides.

But being forced into physical encounter by the claims of equality of transgendered people with surgical vaginsa doesn’t seem fair, as scientific research linked and cited above, stated.

1 Like

I agree at younger age groups

But a 17 yo?

What about discussions on gay marriage in civics, or civil rights around anti gay persecution in the past

Can they study literature that contains homosexual references?

This kind of censorship is the thin end of the wedge and is designed purely to police thought

But all are entitled to their opinions

When did women start being forced into sports participation?

Maybe in North Korea

It’s not difficult, and I’m sure all teachers will comply

It won’t curtail paedophiles and will most likely put many good, honest teachers in jeapody from black mail and bullying

Indonesia vs Australia handball match.

Australia had a cave troll.

Like you.

The Indonesian players were forced to play?

How very unmuslim