This is the most redundant thing I've ever seen

20101102_morningmusume_slantedeyes

Is that some K Pop band?

Theyā€™re members of a japanese pop group. They were making fun of Korean peopleā€™s eyes on instagram but theyā€™re fucking japanese they have the same exact eyes.

1 Like

You should go to northen Ireland. They cant even be in the same room as each other.

1 Like

Well thats casually racist.

ā€œThey all look the same to meā€ :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Japanese disguised as Koreans? Huh.

I make a game of secretly guessing peopleā€™s Asian ancestry by their facial features, but keeping it in my head so as not to sound like a dumbass to other people. I learned this from my paternal grandfather who was an expert in Asian anthropology.

This one had me stumped. I guess itā€™s an effective camoflage.

With enough makeup, we all look alike.

I know youā€™re taking the piss but do you honestly think Koreans and Japanese look different?

I remember in P.E. class at college me, this Korean guy and this black girl were having a conversation. She told the Korean guy she could tell he was Korean and not Chinese. He said what do you mean we look exactly the same.

Iā€™m not good at guessing Asian peopleā€™s ethnicities. But I can usually tell if someone is Vietnamese. Iā€™ve asked people when I meet them if they are Vietnamese or not and theyā€™re surprised I could tell. Filipinos are easy to tell so that doesnā€™t mean anything. I met this Filipino cashier at Target and I asked her if she was Filipino and she was shocked. She was like how did you know I was Filipino are you half Filipino? I explained to her that Iā€™m from California and not Texas so I know what Filipinos look like.

1 Like

Itā€™s probably just me but the Korean and Japanese language sound similar. I was watching Fighter in the Wind which is a movie based on Mas Oyama and I got confused as hell when Oyama spoke Japanese in a Korean accent.

It donā€™t make any difference in the jungle, baby.

We are all cousins. A Hawaiian taught me that.

If we were all cousins that would mean I fucked my cousin. I donā€™t fuck my cousins, Iā€™m not from Texas.

Always with the racism.

1 Like

Every now and then i think i can, but itā€™s just wishful thinking. I watch a lot of south korean, chinese and japanese content, but still donā€™t think iā€™d be able to do it accurately.

Or as they call it, ā€œcontentā€.

RiP Matthew Perry for that joke.

1 Like

Well at least you can recognize their languages. Most non asians canā€™t. Japanese people say they can recognize another Japanese person overseas based on their clothing.

I tried to learn Mandarin once upon a time, it blew my mind how linguistically different (pitches/tones used to change the meaning of words) it was to English, also helped me understand why so many chinese people struggle to learn english.

Iā€™m thinking of learning a new local language and itā€™s the same reason iā€™m thinking of going for Zulu over Xhosa (there are 14 official languages here)

ā€¦ also wouldnā€™t mind learning sign language, i guess time will tell if i commit to either.

I read this book named Kaffir Boy a long time ago. Itā€™s an autobioraphy about a black man growing up in South Africa during apatheid. One of the things that freaked me out about his life was how many languages he knew. If I remember correctly he knew 6 or 7 different languages. On top of the multiple African languages he knew he was also fluent in Afrikans and Englsih.

A random thought popped into my head. I remember playing this video game called Shenmue. This 18 year old Japanese kid interrogates all the Chinese people in the neighborhood because the guy who killed his father was Chinese.

You are a Saffa ! my dad is from Durban.

Everyone spoke English when I was there , they all spoke Afrikaans and Zulu (my family are brainos) too but never used any of it and in my family they spoke English as if they were English with an accent like Scouse or Mancs but many would argue far better than the Scouse and mancs.

Yeah 100% :joy:

Durban is crazy hot, we go there in winter to lie on the beach. haha. Your dad probably suffers when itā€™s cold. Youā€™re in the UK right? Lots of Saffas there. I travel there every now and then for work.

Yeah 100%, the two most commonly spoken languages are English and Afrikaans, the third is Zulu. Iā€™ve never been in an area where I couldnā€™t use English or Afrikaans. I want to learn Zulu just to learn an African language, also to understand people around me when they are talking, in South Africa you are often in a position where people are talking around you in a language you donā€™t understand.

Many consider Afrikaans a native language as well, but that is more contested.

:rofl: ā€¦ been a while since i heard that.

1 Like