The Ongoing Adventures of Phrost on Twitter

1 Like

Regime is a popular word in certain media these days.

Regime has been a popular term forever to describe a government you don’t like. Give it a few months and “Democratically elected Harry Potter Luke Skywalker government of savior Zelensky” will be “Zelensky Regime which is allowing 70% of military aid coming into Ukraine to disappear onto the black market”.

Yeah, the right wing in the US is using it a lot for sure these days, from what I’ve been seeing.

After the “raid” on Mar A Lago there seems to have been an uptick.

Well it’s not supposed to be typical of “democracies” to send the secret police after political opponents and former chief executives. The latter is unprecedented in the US but the former is not.

Dude

The Elites have totally done a number on you

Secret Police indeed

Whatever next!?

Re-education camps for non Christians?

No wait, you did Gitmo

The FBI are secret police. If I was talking about the MSS or the FSB you would have zero problem with me using the term secret police.

Define Secret Police

Any group of government agents or agency, that uses terror tactics, and/or breaks the law themselves to discourage political dissent, or to interfere with elections, or who gets elected, qualifies.

“Secret police”. LOL

Former chief execs are not above the law.

Then why do we know about them?

shhhh, it’s a secret…

The FSB and Chinese Ministry of State Security are also publicly known and are also secret police. People in the Soviet Union knew about the NKVD and they were still secret police. It isn’t being unknown that makes them Secret Police, it’s working against the political opponents/enemies of the state that makes them Secret Police. The FBI is definitionally Secret Police per COINTELPRO.

This is also generally not true. Former POTUS are only “not above the law” when they either

1. are in this case a political threat
  2. threaten the IC in the case of both Kennedy and Nixon. One got his head blown off for his troubles the other decided he didn’t want a high speed lobotomy from the CIA.

Coming back to this again, did you know we already had a CIA Clandestine Service Officer as POTUS? Probably not, because HW Bush was supposed to have been an outsider when he was appointed as DCI to reform the agency. It turns out he was an NCS Officer and likely SIS Officer before he was DCI. So there are, or were until very recently, still some secret Secret Police.

A state agency that works in secret (and sometimes not so secret) against the political enemies of the state. This does not require the agency in question to be unknown to the public as the FSB, KGB, and NKVD were publicly known. So is the MSS. Per COINTELPRO this is the FBI definitionally and very often CIA too.

So you contend that the FBI see Trump as a political enemy of the US government, and that is their motivation for investigating him?

Not the more likely reason that Trump is corrupt and has broken the law

Or a third option, that the current administration and the intelligence agencies are politically harassing Trump, and this is political retaliation, and intimidation tactics to dissuade or prevent him from running for President again.

As to which scenario is more likely, that is pure speculation on your part.

Are you arguing that he isn’t seen this way by both the current administration and the administrative state?

Regardless of what they claim their motivation is, what it looks like is the targeting of a political enemy by the secret police. Crossfire Hurricane didn’t help their case for impartiality either.

2 Likes

Time to wake up, motherfucker.

I would say the FBI is apolitical

I’m guessing you would have no problem if the Feds went after Your political enemies

Through your partisan lense, I’m sure it does look like that

It looks to me like Trump is a dishonest person who seems to break laws a lot and should be investigated and punished appropriately if found guilty

That is not congruent with history.

FDR sicked the FBI on Senator Gerald Nye for criticizing FDR.

The FBI attempted to smear Harry Truman, who was a vocal critic of J.Edgar Hoover, when Truman ran for President.

The FBI made Dr. Martin Luther King, its political enemy number one, until his death.

The ACLU has sued the FBI countless times, winning in many cases, for politically harassing civil rights leaders.

The Church Committee was appointed by Congress to investigate partisan interference by the FBI, and reported to Congress that such interference by the FBI and the other intelligence agencies was in fact occurring, and as a result a permanent US Senate Select Committee on Intelligence was created to provide additional oversight.

The FBI claims to have “lost” crucial evidence regarding the investigation of Hillary Clinton.

Member of the Senate Judiciary Committee have raised concerns, that members of the FBI have been covering up or impeding investigations of Hunter Biden, and the Hunter Biden laptop matter, in order to ensure that matter did not hurt Joe Biden’s Presidential Campaigns, and so the matter did not tie back to Joe Biden.

Yeah, there seems to be some rogue agents, in positions of power, at the FBI, that seem very partisan, and political, regarding the use of their office’s power, and that has been present throughout the history of the FBI.