Surfing the Discourse Cesspool — The Worst Fringe Takes on Social Media

I wanted to that original play over here in our theater group but the movie kinda overexposed the story.

Some sort of russian trollbot, no doubt.

Better check ur wife’s phone…

She loves it

1 Like

All depends on whose ox is being gored, as usual.

That can’t be a real person.

Which mildly inclusive Disney nonsense was this in response to?
Was it Turning Red, because they dared to mention periods?
Encanto for being a positive depiction of immigrant families?
One of thier shows showing two boys holding hands?

1 Like

No, it is a reference to Disney being granted the right to government powers, on their Florida properties.
Meaning, Disney for the past few decades has been granted powers denied all other property owners, etc, by the State and municipal governments, on the Disney properties.
Because they are a very rich, and influential corporation, that spends and brings, a fair amount of money in Florida.

Meaning, Disney literally has the ability to impose government taxes on its Florida properties by State law.
Not just prices, but the ability to impose actual government taxes like they were a municipal government.
And has some powers traditionally reserved for police, etc, on its own properties.
It’s a weird hold over, to when a fellow named Mel developed those properties similar to the organized crime development of Las Vegas, combined with Walt Disney’s public corporate face, and clean money.

I could add, the half a billion dollars in tax breaks Disney gets in Florida every year.
But, as it turns out, a massive exodus from California to Florida of Disney employees, as has happened in the last few years, is nothing the incumbent citizenry may want to waive corporate and other taxes for, as Florida already has zero problems attracting new residents, into the State.
To be specific, Florida is already attracting more new residents, than any other State.
No need to give a mega corporation a massive tax break, for what is already happening, on its own, more than other State in the Union, regarding attracting new residents to the State.

Unsurpirsed face.

Im sure they will dictate thier kingdom with the grace and integrity that any other governing body run by wealthy people does. Lol.

The baby one? A lot of them are fakes, but unfortnatly they gather vulnerable and gullible people.

Or do you mean the twitter account that posts, apparently, like 30 times a day? Because this is also sus.

Micky Mouse is a tyrant

Death to all cartoon animals!

Disney has successfully lobbied for copyright protections that manage to far exceed those originally guaranteed at the founding of the country. The problem is fair use - derivative and critical works, satire, etc. - are quashed by this seemingly perpetual guarantee of protections, which is antithetical to the very notion of free speech.

Fuckers about killed Bloom County, over Mortimer Mouse.

I think it must be a troll looking for reactions.

Having a pregnant wife I couldn’t imagine any women saying this in earnest

Until they tear from arse to vag

Oh, ive met people who would say this. Trust me there are people selfish and stupid enough

This is an open question to the internet where they used the words" I don’t want a big chubby baby" and then gave a weight limit.

If a women is concerned about her delivery I would think a normal person would ask a doctor or if not that; bring their concerns up with real people they trust in their own life.

That tweet seems intentionally worded to make the author sound like a vain idiot.