Russell Brand accused of rape and other sexual cimes

As yet there have been no complaints to the police so trial by media is all he has to deal with at present.
Russell claims that all sexual relationships were consensual.

As with most things these days people seam to be divided into two camps and throwing shit at the other.
Camp 1 = Hes guilty just look how he behaved over the years
Camp 2 -= Hes innocent this is a hit job because he speaks out against main stream media and current political narratives.

I have read some of the claims and this is what I think.

The sexual acts described I believe at the time Russell believed to be consensual.
He clearly had predatory tendencies during this time and there is vast footage of him behaving in a predatory manner towards women.
Whilst intercourse between a 16yr old and a 32yr old may not be illegal I think most people would consider it inappropriate and for a movie star to contact a 16yr old and begin a sexual relationship with them somewhat predatory and manipulative regardless if the 16yr old was “consenting”.

With regards the accusations of rape I am always troubled by the lack of reporting at the time as this creates a large grey area.
In this instance many were written to and encouraged to come forward.
I understand why many women do not report assaults particularly against powerful men but I think if they are saying it happened now then they should report to the police and have it investigated thoroughly and I would always strongly encourage a women to do so at the time.

This is however in my opinion a media hit job, it may result in the conviction of a rapist in which case good job media but it may not.

(puts tin foil hat on) I struggle however to not look upon at least the motives of these hit jobs with suspicion given the lack of similar hit jobs on lets say Epsteins clients/friends or the historic allogations against celebrity sex offenders that have been ignored for years unitl they absolutely couldn’t be anymore be that Jimmy Saville in the UK or Weinstein in the US.

The question for me is , If is not convicted, Does he deserve to be destroyed or are people allowed to redeem themselves?

In this instance I as yet am undecided.
I need to think more about it as I despised Russel Brand for years until I heard him talk like a normal human a few years back about his drug and sex addiction recovery and warmed to him somewhat.
Still couldnt stomach his click bate outrage videos on youtube which I did attempt to watch a couple of times.
So my default position is I dont really care if he is destroyed as through his behaviour he has likely destroyed others and particularly the 16yr old could well be damaged for life by the lunatic he was at the time despite consenting.
But there is a bit of me that wonders that maybe if they are exaggerated claims and he wasnt actually that bad.
People do stupid shit when they are young me included (although nothing groomy or sexual for me ill hasten to ad)
Where does the line of redemption and forgiveness start and end?

https://news.sky.com/story/met-police-respond-to-russell-brand-claims-and-urge-sexual-assault-victims-to-contact-them-12962142

Allegations by individuals over time is more credible than a lynch mob.

We do have a society where it is sometimes better for the victim not to report a rape.

Which is kind of a shit society.

I know of a DV that amounted to a lot of effort to report and zero result