Murder Mystery Date Night

So here I am folks, staring at what to me is a very strong theory for a case of premeditated capital murder disguised to look like a suicide.

As a senior forensics investigator with over 20 years of experience NOT getting it from CSI or NCIS (mom was a Criminal Minds fan), I have a conundrum.

This case may involve family. It may involve a social media influencer with 65M likes because said potential psychopath owns a therapy pet that became an overnight sensation, and he may well get away with murdering his wife of about 2 decades after a nasty few years.

I’d like to drop some flags, bits of information that I have already verified or at least put in my handy little notebook. Rip it apart, throw rocks, shit all over it.

Just keep in mind I can only be killed by death.

I figure it’ll be a fun game for some, it’s serious for me. Ruined Mrs. Rabbit’s 47th birthday. Date night. Wept in my arms. So, vendetta.

No personal information is to to be shared. Just the facts.

Exhibit 1: First contact. Armed security detail at the funeral home, with strict orders that family and friends (100+) are not allowed to speak.

Victim’s father has to read a prepared speech in the parking lot to the crowd, because he’s not allowed to speak about his dead child inside the home.

Husband’s orders. Keep in mind, up to a dozen private security dressed as mourners. These accompany him across state lines to bury the body in a family plot (hers).

Exhibit #2: Case file details. Deceased found exsanguinated at home due to lacerations from a utility knife.

Victim is female, middle age.

Allegations of years of domestic mental abuse by husband, according to numerous family and friends.

Deceased prohibited from having any social media presence by husband.

Deceased has a family history of suicide.

Exhibit #3: Legal/finance notes: deceased and widower completed legal separation papers the day before the death.

7 figure real estate property taken off the market day of death, after widower appears to make a large financial transfer to his personal account, possibly from previously shared accounts with the deceased.

Deceased’s retirement account apparently forfeited due to suicide policy, but net capital gain is all approximately upwards of 2.5M depending on future real estate prices.

Exhibit #4: AV recordings.

Husband installed security cameras through the house. Has told people he has video of deceased retrieving utility knife from kitchen.

No video of actual suicide.

No prior known history of self harm. Prior treatment, prescriptions for depression.

Bullshit moment: father and family of deceased rush to house on the day of the death.

Husband calls cops on father and crew in supposed fear of his life, who prevent them from entering.

Father is in his 80s. Father and family do not see the body until burial, 3 days later.

Exhibit #5: personal observation.

Crying without tears. That’s a neat trick. Saw it several times today. Nothing triggers a Thespian Officer more than a bad crying scene.

Guilty people sometimes shake instead of crying actual tears at a funeral, because sadness and guilt work on your brain differently. Nervous fear, instead of sorrow.

Your mother killed herself last week, with a blade. But you don’t cry while they pile dirt on her coffin.

The story of which child found the body keeps changing.

Exhibit #6: Surveillance notes

$2.3M estate in NY. Husband kept the place full of security cameras. By the time detectives start asking for footage, all but 2 cameras have vanished.

According to sources, ME report was inconclusive as to whether wounds were self-inflicted, toxicology is still outstanding. Violent self exsanguination is ultra rare to begin with, even more for women, and these findings add credence to a potential wrongful death.

At least on GoFundMe, the deceased’s name has been changed to support the children, vs. the father, in the form of a trust. The husband gets nothing, because he’s suspected of wrongdoing by over a hundred people.

Husband is living it up on social media though, farming hearts. He posted a “tragic news” video of him announcing his wife’s suicide while he grooms himself in front of the mirror. A hundred thousand likes.

This type of online personality cannot be directly engaged.

Case remains open. Reminder: all of this actually happened last month.

Creepy similarities to this case. “Help, my boyfiend just stabbed himself in the chest!”. 21 years later, case remains open.

I’m sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Mrs. Rabbit is not happy with me at the moment, because I can’t let these kind of things go easily. And because I can’t keep my mouth shut when I sense wrongdoing. Maybe most people in general, don’t get it. The ones who lead quiet lives of desperation, always worried about tomorrow. Afraid to rattle cages, or open Pandora’s box. I’m like “what’s in that…”

Thankfully, I have a whole swarm of veteran detectives to fall back on. Grizzled old bastards like me.

Sometimes I feel like a man of peace, destined to help, but trapped in a world of violence. There’s war in my name, after all.

Ever seen “Inherent Vice”?

Exhibit #7: New Information Come to Light

Family member finds their voice on social media, and many people respond with words they might otherwise hold inside.

Except on social media.

It always helps to vent. This guy is Italian, btw. I’m not, but we speak similar love languages I guess.

You of course realize that even the factual information you have shared is highly charged. And, you’ve never gone off the rails quite like this. So, I’m curious who this lady was to you.

1 Like

This was a beautiful human being who was part my extended family. As I mentioned, news of this death came on my wife’s birthday and crushed her. So, it crushed me but on another level.

I had a whole conversation with the deceased when she picked up Krav Maga. I was very gentle. It was over Passover dinner actually, 10 odd years ago.

Husband had her funeral tribute book and procession video scrubbed from the internet (complete with family member objections at the casket). That’s what led to today’s action update.

But he is getting TikTok love right now. Imagine Andrew Tate, if he actually reproduced, and was raking in money by pretending he’s a victim.

Remember, he served her with separation papers that were completed the day before she was found dead. And according to sources she was upbeat and ready to move on.

Your wife is upset with you because she doesn’t believe you would give the same level of attention to her if she was (allegedly) murdered.

I wish it was that simple. First and foremost she’s the dangerous one. Hoo boy. Brooklyn born, Staten Island raised, Jersey Girl.

I remember the words of Sam Beckett, L’Innommable.

The poet, not the Time Lord.

Dans ma vie, puisqu’il faut l’appeler ainsi, il y eut trois choses, l’impossibilite de parler, l’impossibilite de me taire, et la solitude.” (“One must speak; man cannot possibly communicate with his fellows, but the alternative—silence—is irreconcilable with human existence.”)

QED. Tell her, not us.

That would be a great strategy but unfortunately she can’t deal with it. Few could. I couldn’t even show her that comment. It would ruin yet another evening.

The power of a face on the Web? 65M likes before this all occured.

TikTok, TikTok…how’s that for a motive for murder. What’s a few hundred million Likes worth to a psychopath?

I’ll take one more pass at this. Your wife needs you, right now. Not your theories, not your bloviating bullshit internet presence. Save the cheerleader, save the world.

1 Like

You found me broken, as usual.

In the River Tam sense.

Sometimes I wish it was bullshit.

Best show evar. We can talk about that later, go heal your family.

1 Like