MMA and Body Building alternation

Just train a lot of martial arts and you’ll get ripped.

1 Like

It’s what you wanted to say

ADMIT IT!

2 Likes

Plus, you have to shave your armpits.

Then you have the very strategic lighting effects too. It will cost a lot to have a lighting crew following you around all the time.

1 Like

You are looking at some serious, long-term training with a build like that. Sounds like you basically don’t work out, and are probably rather un-athletic to begin with.

I suggest you find a good fitness trainer. You are going to need someone help you with nutrition, as well as a long-term workout plan, and help you learn how to lift properly, etc., especially if you want to train MMA at the same time.

Good luck !

Why not go to the source ?

Lol “Laid”. #Marketing

Yeah, I was like “I bet he gets a lot of high-dollar offers…”

I hear Saudi princes hey good money to sleep with Instagram influencers, to such an extent that that’s where they make a lot of the money that allows them to do that as a job.

1st 9/11 and now these thots? They need to be stopped. We should invade… let’s say, Iran?

What about the Princesses though?

So, let us know how his programming works for you, OK? Pics or it didn’t happen.

The elites of any sexually-repressed society tend to indulge in things which those beneath them are forbidden as a way of reaffirming their superior status. I imagine there are a ton of closeted gay Saudi princes.

Hmmm, well, what about the princesses?

Yeah… if I had to put money down, I’d say that’s how Cavill did it too.

I just assume all of these actors will do damn near anything to make sure they get the part and keep it. The guys that stop drop weight dramatically and suddenly look thin or suddenly get fat.

Some of the gains that these people made are just not reasonable or credible without gear. That doesn’t make them bad people or anything. I’m not judging them. It just makes them regular people in extraordinary situations.

Everybody knows, nobody does anything about it because Superman and Thor need to look like that to get the studio’s approval. You think those banks underwriting these films are going to want a guy that looks like a historically accurate half starved parasite infested viking? Hell no.

Plenty of highschool coaches tell student players to play on bad knees and ignore rotator cuff injuries even if they know it will ruin them. Sports medicine sometimes isn’t good medicine for the same reason. If a sports med doctor tells a kid he can’t play then sometimes the school stops sending players. The doctors and physical therapists know that. I’ve seen that shit up close. Why would Hollywood be any different?

We’ll. Maybe, but gear certainly helps until it doesn’t. There are certain gyms I’ve heard about overseas where penalties basically don’t exist. Maybe not the best training but the fighters look the part.

Yeah, everybody back then was infested at a minimum with Pinworms.

1 Like

Right, very much in it’s infancy. Just say no to being infected with intestinal worms.

Don’t underestimate the role of genetics. Rugby players are generally pretty big guys to begin with. The guy in the pic has a physique which takes full time dedication. You’d have to look into his transition, his baseline genetics, etc. to determine if he even got to that naturally. If you are fairly lean naturally you’re going to struggle to bulk while doing loads of cardio. You can go to the gym and train martial arts, but the focus of someone who is bodybuilding is different from someone working weights for more explosive power in their chosen sport.

It also depends on how much you train right now. If you aren’t training at all, start a martial art class and just stick to getting there 2 or 3 times a week. Scale up over time.

If you want to start both, I’d start by alternating with one day martial arts, one day weights, and take one or two days a week off. I’d probably go with a full body weight routine to try get more volume in at a lower intensity so you still have something left the next day to put into your MA training. Make sure you are getting in enough protein …

Yeah, anyway, the OP was likely just another fucking troll anyway.

Baseline fitness for the non-fit is IMO the most important thing to work on.

Rome was not built in a day…

I mean, combat sport training, if done well, will have a lot of baseline fitness and athletic training built into it, as appropriate for the age and condition of those who are engaging in it.

One of the jobs of the coach is to keep students expectations realistic, and keep them from injuring themselves or others in their over-enthusiasm. I always had that issue in adult Judo classes. I wasn’t working in a for-profit environment, though, so had a lot more leeway.

One of the things I’d contrast BJJ training that I did (adults and teens) to Judo, was the amount of sports specific warmup stuff we did. The BJJ stuff was more focused on learning subs (cool stuff) versus getting the basic movement down. It was expected you’d get that as you progressed.

My BJJ coach would have me do warmups from time to time. I’d ask him how long he wanted them to run, LOL, and I’d deliver. I introduced the guys to a lot of stuff we do in Judo regarding groundwork warmups (sports specific and otherwise).

3 Likes