Gun Thread? GUN THREAD

There is an electric gun. Firestorm is the bigger version i think. But they did do a pistol. Some sort of spark? Sets of the round. The the fire rate is basically infinity.

Metal storm.

And it is an Australian invention of course.

You’re probably best tilting the weapon down its left axis and cocking it, it takes some practice but makes sense.

1 Like

This is always a dumb talking point. You can effectively shoot agents of the state with small arms.

Ah, right, it’s just about “agents of the state”.

Well when I was in Iraq all of those drones and MRAPs and tanks didn’t save all the Iraqi Police colonels getting lit up at an intersection by a guy with a moped and a gun or IP officers getting killed in grenade attacks on their houses. And they didn’t stop sniper attacks on USFI troops either. That talking point is wishcasting, not forecasting. Instead of putting out cope about how the chuds can’t do anything with their AR14s you could think about the snuck premise of it: that the state would do something worthy of killing agents of the state over instead of not doing that thing.

Who’s following this USA v. Hoover case?
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/22080197-machine-gun-usa-v-matthew-hoover-supplement-to-motion-to-dismiss070122

Hoover’s legal team is challenging the constitutionality of the NFA based on the recent Bruen decision, and the slightly less recent Heller decision.

I saw it in passing. I think they have a good argument under the “new” text and history standard per Bruen but I am not holding my breath for a repeal of the NFA. If you think Liberals went nuts because the last 5 states with “may issue” permitting could no longer arbitrarily deny carry permits, then what they would do if suddenly one could legally manufacture or transfer NFA items without form 1s/form 4s would make that look like a minor disagreement.

1 Like

I was sure that they would leave Roe intact, as well. So, if this reaches D.C. in the near future, it may actually be a slam dunk.

That’s a good point. Though I think the counter to that is even groups like the John Birch and Federalist societies don’t want plebs/chuds with machine guns and rocket launchers any more than liberals do. Though of course many of those same set agree with libs on abortion too. The dynamic is complex.

“Machine guns” are rather expensive, and even more expensive to operate… not sure “chuds” are going to be running out and buying Ma deuces to mount on their jacked-up trucks.

Modding ARs (soon to be “banned”?) to select/full auto might be a thing, though.

Once they are no longer subject to NFA regulation the price floor would bottom out. They aren’t more expensive to manufacture than semi auto versions of the same guns, the market is just artificially controlled by regulation. This is actually a major concern for some of the NFA “whales” who own hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of NFA items they view as investments. They don’t want an NFA repeal, or even a repeal of the Hughes Amendment, because it would mean an immediate drop in value.

At this point with the new Bruen test, and thanks to PSA mainly, an outright AR ban will never be constitutional. And going from a semi auto to select fire AR is about $125 for the LPK and jig and a few minutes on a drill press. You can already buy the LPK and the jig, you just can’t legally drill.

Even if made legal, I still don’t see most folks buying real “machine guns”. But, I’m sure there are some that would.

Modding ARs, though, yeah, I knew that was a fairly simple and cheap thing to do.

I didn’t know about “whales”, but I can see that as a thing, for sure.

As for me, full auto doesn’t really interest.

Umm, yes. This is a perspective that most people, including vehement 2A people, miss.

So I think I’ve made/extracted saltpetre

I have a small wooden shed with timber floor

In order to keep geese in it without the floor rotting I laid a sheet of plastic down to protect the floor, then boards off pallets down to protect the plastic

It would have had birds in forward around 5 years, with periodic mucking out, and has remained empty with the last deep liter left for maybe another 5 years

I cleaned it out today and when I lifted the top boards they have a white crystalline formation on them