Good article on Kiwi Farms shut down, some thoughts

Then what is the point of arguing that they are trying to do the same thing?

It’s a grassroots movement for sure. They have about taken over the “Republican” party. Among others. It’s an odd coalition.

I get what you mean by not being in power, though.

I’m not really trying to argue with you.

I’d rather have a discussion, it’s more educational.

Maybe. I think the sticking point is going to be that mainstream Republicans much closer in class interests (not just socio economic but also political class) to Democrats than they are to Christian Nationalists. The roots of Trotskyism in the Republican party are long and strong and they align more with neolibs than rural and suburban chuds.

I didn’t mean an argument with me, I mean what is the relevance of pointing out that they are trying to do the same thing? It seems like a “no duh”, of course people who want to exercise power are going to talk about exercising power. I agree with that point.

Yeah, from my limited knowledge I’d tend to agree with you on that one.

I think it’s a fairly complex topic. There are various factions that are opposing the Cathedral, so to speak, that are working together more or less, to some degree.

Everybody thinks they can use everybody else, then win in the end, it seems to me. Like the mainstream Republicans thought they could control Trump.

Sometimes. Though at least on the right the divisions show through sometimes. And sometimes sinecures and class solidarity are too appetizing e.g. in the case of Richard Spencer, who is from a DC elite family, going from open Neo Nazi to Ridin’ with Biden turbo shitlib.

There are too many Machiavellians in US politics and not enough Andrew Jacksons tqbh.

They were right and wrong in many ways.

So now you’re pretending to be a former CIA agent or some shit?

Pathetic.

I’m still not going to post a 214 or a badge. I think the level of discourse would improve here if you posted an IQ test though.

I think it would improve if you took a long walk off a short pier at midnight.

Perhaps an English comp class would help you too.

Too many people who are grifting, and by that I mean, making a living in politics and governing, IMO.

And not enough people trying to legit solve serious problems we face.

A man’s got to make a living ? (but not really do any work? )

That seems to be a big driver of modern society.
I know I’m jumping around a bit.
The Interwebz allows monetization of so much bullshit.

Oh, you have no idea… Just give it a bit.

Just two more weeks? Trust the plan?

I don’t even necessarily have a problem with political leaders making a living while being political leaders. Like I wrote here before, in my view the job of a political leader (or patron) is to ask his voters (or clients) “Do you want fries with that?”

This is why I think Adam Schiff is a literal retard. He went on some shitlib pundit show the other day and said McCarthy is “terrible” because he will do whatever his voters tell him to do and he has no “central ideology” or what the fuck ever.

Yeah that’s how it’s supposed to be! That’s what you’re supposed to be doing! But too many mentally deranged and medically retarded shitlibs who think they are a character from Game of Thrones are working in DC.

You’re thinking of Q Anon. This is REDACTED. We are the fucking storm.

But yeah, I know what I’m doing and what’s going on.

It was a joke.

Getting paid to as an elected official I don’t have a problem with. It’s the using it as a career, basically, that bothers me the most.

Term limits would be a good start.

I can see why that would bother some. I’m not as bothered by it, so long as they are asking me “Do you want fries with that?”.

On its face, a good idea. And one I even agreed with at one time. My only problem is that instead of directly addressing the issues with governance, that at least I have, it just pushes them off to the private sector. Now you have even more power in the hands of lobbyists because they provide institutional knowledge on executive and legislative issues. And if you say next that we curtail lobbying, that gets very close to curtailing voters/clients asking for their fries.