Florida Doctors: F*** the sick

It’s not that they’re orders of magnitude smarter, they’re just slightly smarter than the fucking idiots they’re convincing to take horse wormer.

Smart people make mistakes all the time.

Is there a significant correlation between IQ, and anti-vax sentiment?

1 Like

Doing dumb things doesn’t make someone stupid,
imo.

Not learning from the dumb things you do defines stupid people to me.

3 Likes

It happens all the time in cases of organ transplants.

Some random person dies and there’s more than 1 candidate. The guy that did it to themselves goes to the end of the list.

I took part in a mock exercise for a class once deciding who got a transplant based on a real case. I chose wrong. The candidate I chose had a bad heart, was 19 and had two kids. She didn’t get the transplant. The guy that got the transplant was 40 something and a wealthy bank manager with a family.

There were others but I don’t remember them.

I chose the 19 year old for the obvious reasons. She was rejected because her heart condition was consistent with crack cocaine drug abuse but they didn’t know for sure if she was an addict or not. I missed that, and even worse I put the banker closer to the bottom of who I would have picked.

His condition was consistent a common heart defect in very tall men. He was very tall. Simple.

The charts we were given were apparently rote and they were all missing a lot of telltale information and histories except diagnosis. Very little additional data. Just random shit.

The girls case particularly bothered me because she was so young and had two dependents. Her young age and two children hurt her case a lot according to the instructor because it suggested she was reckless. The real girl in the mock case and all of the other patients almost certainly died.

I understand but it still bothered me. The banker almost certainly had some sort of provisional insurance for his family and health insurance. Out of everyone he was the most likely to last the longest and his family the most likely to be somewhat provided for after death.

The system is a cold beast.

1 Like

IMO anti vax is no more related to IQ than other outlandish belief systems such as religion

I would not be surprised to see a correlation between anti vax sentiment and religious/ideological fervour

The ability to parse credible from less than credible information is mostly a trained skill combined with a intrinsic conscientiousness to prioritize honesty and truth over what makes you feel good by confirming your biases.

Given that the latter is primarily neurological and related to one’s ability to resist impulses (frontal cortex), using “intelligence” as a shorthand is reasonable.

Plenty of very intelligent people believe in crazy shit though

Both of these are skills that have to be learned.

Your bias is obvious.

That leaves you out?

Spell check ate "conscientiousness’ and shat out “consciousness”.

Conscientiousness can be cultivated by deliberate effort, but it’s still primarily an inmate personality trait one is either born with or without.

Interesting, will have to research that. Not sure I agree.

OK, that system reply made my morning!

1 Like