Cold War History that you didn't know you needed

This is Bullshido.

Prove your claims?

Sorry your last post was in Klingon, and I don’t know Klingon. Lay off the blood wine and try again.

(This is what I tell my kids when they mumble).

I’d snicker too.

The Kremlin and much of Russia through media indoctrination views this as a birth right and baseline requirement. The ability to inflict damage against the United States and NATO through proxy nations is the most powerful weapon that the Kremlin possesses and getting that back along with their slave state proxies is practically enshrined as a holy sacrament of religion. When the USSR had control over the Eastern Bloc, they bled it dry and ground those populations under their heels from Stalin to Gorbachev for every kind of resource you can name to feed Moscow’s endless hunger for power, prestige and wealth.

Russia’s leadership has been presenting itself through indoctrination to their population that Russia as the rightful inheritor of Rome’s legacy and the Western world’s sole worthy authority since before the formation of the Russian Orthodox Church.

Their propaganda is as vile and dishonest as it can get. There is no bottom to which the Kremlin will not stoop to hold or increase their power.

The PRC has the exact same form of ultranationalist indoctrination only they use different source material to villify any and every other competing nation while telling the story that only China is worthy of being the world’s sole authority on any and every thing. Pay careful attention to how the once highly guarded, softly spoken and quiet diplomats of China now seem drunk on power swaggering into talks with the US and Australia like the biggest swinging dicks in the northern hemisphere.

Correlation may not imply causation but I can’t help but see how much has changed in their behavior since 2016 and how empowered they are now to wage open ideological warfare against democratic nations that aren’t just democracies in name only.

Our last administration was just one long bad joke on the American people and our ability to be taken seriously by enemies and allies both on the international stage. The weakness is so uncannily in China and Russia’s benefit that I can’t see clear architecture in its execution as anything other than intentional acts of sabbotage and treason of the foulest intent.

If you want political and historical context, I’ll be happy to provide it.

1 Like

Kudos on the rerail

These are not historical documentaries but they do drive home the point of what America and NATO are up against.

Maoism 2.0 is here along with a resurgent Russia that thinks nothing of murdering asylum seekers on NATO soil.

Start thinking like we’re in a fight for our existence because we are.

Taiwan believes that invasion is imminent and China is currently attempting to seize majority of the China Sea from it’s neighbors and make a big chunk of international waters into their own personal piss pot.

Meanwhile Russia is moving back into every single former Soviet breakaway state in the same way that it covertly infiltrated Ukraine’s government.

Hungary. Romania. Poland. Belarus. Georgia. Lithuania. Croatia. all of them have populist insurgent authoritarian political parties with deep ties to the Kremlin and following the old reliable strongman model. Not all of them are in control but they make more inroads daily. Same thing with China creeping along the path of the Silk Road buying off local governments and establishing a political foothold with dirty money from state sanctioned mobsters. Sound familiar? It should. The Reds have been doing it since before 1918; that’s how Stalin got recruited. He was one of their pet psychopathic criminals turned glorious leader. Mao is no different. He funded his revolution with heroin and anything he could steal or extort under the convenient excuse of battling the bourgeoisie. So what if you have to hang entire damn families including old women and toddlers. It’s a small price to pay for the People’s glorious leader’s modest 100 room 5 story tall cabin in the woods, millions of literal slaves, total unaccountability, 20 million dollar watch collection, chilled swimming pool of beluga caviar and endless river of blue label Johnny Walker. Only 1 of those things is purely made up.

Anyway, here’s some recommended dramatized viewing just in case you don’t have the stomach to sit through endless historical documentaries:

Listen to this first 2 minutes and you start to get a picture of what the Soviet government was like.

Mao modeled his government directly on Stalin. The murder and reign of terror on their own citizenry were a feature to Mao, not a flaw in the system. These ridiculous internal purges were terrible for Russia and China but insured the nation was too weak internally to ever overthrow their rule.

The “mistakes” that Mao and Stalin made that killed so many of their own citizens were absolutely done on purpose. The same goes with the backstabbing. If it wasn’t for backstabbing the commies would never have a leg to stand on and luckily for them there’s an endless supply of ready dupes willing to accept Russia and China’s hand in “friendship”.

Like Cambodia when the PRC propped up the mass child murderer Pol Pot who literally took his kill list from Cambodia’s department of education. He murdered every person he found who was registered for school even if they never actually attended a single class or only attended the 1st Grade.

If their name was found in any school enrollment, they were a threat to the glorious communist future aka China’s puppet Pol Pot and they had to die. I would be surprised if there was a single surviving mention of that shit or Mao’s role in advising Pot’s on matters of state in a single state acknowledged paper in the entire damn country.

Of course those murders had nothing to do with the agrarian worker’s paradise that Pot advertised to his followers and everything to do with China establishing an agricultural puppet state they could rob for the literal fruits of their labor while Pol Pot took all the blame (until he outlived his usefulness by surviving longer than their plans and was abandoned). They were and still are 10x worse than even the worst of their own agitprop lies about the West.

In fairness, they have thought invasion was imminent for 60 odd years

The overarching theme in all this is that Westerners are under the foolish belief that they can be ignorant of the history of their worst enemies and still somehow come out on top by being “the good guys” who always win in the Hollywood summer blockbuster.

Nobody’s hot streak lasts forever.

If we don’t dig deep and fight back just as hard and dirty as they are we’re going to lose this shit and see a repeat of the horrors of WWII; only this time with nukes. That’s not how I want to spend my retirement. Kind of a raw deal, ain’t it?

We are presently letting them set the pieces on the chess board to their liking and then complaining that the biggest and worst cheats in the world had the audacity to cheat. That’s if we have the sense to speak out at all having been distracted by some meaningless and endless “dog wagging” BS that we see nonstop on Twitter, Facebook or worse… 24 hour news.

The liberals on CNN and MSNBC are mostly an idiot legion of easily distracted crybabies and a few smart guys. The people at Fox News have sold their souls almost entirely save a rapidly isolated short list of smart guys who seems to get quieter and quieter every day. Frankly I’m nearly completely convinced that the Murdochs already sided with Russia and China and the liberals are too noncommittal, too PC and/or just plain old weak to call them on it. There’s a 10% chance Murdoch is just following the old reliable tabloid journalism model to it’s conclusion and is in fact the kind of dumb f*ck that thinks his bank account will protect him from a nuclear exchange.

FFS man, get your head out of your ass. China hasn’t been this aggressive against Western influence since before Mao died.

They’re saying the same kind of shit they used to say back in the days of the Cuban missile crisis. Maybe you weren’t aware of it but Mao’s government was pushing Castro and Russia to launch the weapons rather than remove them. In fact, he openly insulted Khrushchev on the matter repeatedly.

There are state controlled media outlets publishing sanctioned statements to the effect that they’d rather kill every single person in Taiwan than allow the island to remain independent from PRC rule.

Do you know China’s nuclear doctrine? You might want to look it up.

Link please

Especially as this kind of statement would fly in the face on the official One China policy

On the one hand, I kind of feel like that’s a waste of my time because you probably don’t speak Chinese and I doubt you know enough about the subject to put it context as something much more than what a random hardliner said.

Outside of the context of it being state sponsored media where nothing is allowed to be said like this publicly by an official voice that the party doesn’t at least tacitly endorse, it won’t sound as provocative.

Otherwise, I’ll have to wait until my Uyghur friend gets up so he can send me a link to it in Chinese and then I’ll let you bother with translating it. How’s that sound?

You mean the “one china” policy that they totally tore up and flushed down the toilet in extremely high profile ways repeatedly for the last 2 years?

Did you miss the part where they forced Hong Kong’s last pro-democracy news paper to shut down or the riots over how they gutted Hong Kong’s two systems agreement?

The “One China” policy was always just stopgap bullshit. As far as Beijing is concerned, there’s only one China alright.

Until you start to back up your claims I’m going to file it under “McCarthyite Propaganda”

Then you never understood McCarthy’s game one lick.

How about I explain it to you while I’m waiting for my friend to get back to me?

The point of the enterprise was not to fight communism. It was to create internal schisms in America where none existed and seize unearned political power by using an entirely fake high profile witch hunt to destroy functional positive American institutions in Joe McCarthy’s path to seizing power ostensibly with the overarching goal of creating a new American authoritarian state in the exact same manner as so many other aspiring fledgling autocrats.

McCarthyism did untold political damage to this country, as it was designed to do, and the bitter fruit of it still survives on capital hill. If you trace Trump’s administration’s power base you can literally follow them organizationally straight back to Joe McCarthy and his POS lackey Roy Cohn.

Are you at all familiar on the activities of the US Congress HUAC during that period of time? If you are tempted in any way to reach for google or wikipedia to familiarize yourself, you are not tall enough to ride this ride or accuse me of any such thing.

Edit: If I had to create my own secret list of communist subversives who were the most likely to have actually been Soviet agents of subversion during that time period I’d start with Joe McCarthy and his inner circle of miscreants.

Edit 2: If I may be so bold as to praise my own genius (that’s a joke; I’m dumb as a brick 9 times out of 10), this conversation does however bring up an important point: Fanaticism is a lot like one of the worst handguns ever made, the Nambu type 94. It was so bad it earned the name of the ‘suicide gun’. Unlike the carcano, it’s bad reputation was very well earned. Magazines frequently got stuck leaving people unarmed at the worst possible moment, the trigger would frequently fail to fire but it was so prone to misfire and accidental discharge it could still be fired by tapping it too hard on the side. In other words, fanatics are sometimes useful but they frequently cause as much damage to their own side as they do to the enemy. They’re so prone to fixating on certain ideas that they never consider that their beloved thought leaders might actually be their worst enemy.

Macartyite means rabidly anti communist in common parlance

PRC are not bad because they are (nominally) communist

They are communist because they are bad

Moaism is an effective way of keeping control of the people, which is why it has lasted

Just as the Soviet system was effective until it wasn’t

Even if part or all of the points you make were or are true, you are not seriously suggesting that we should not think you are paranoid, right?
I mean come on…
You could have your own real estate on a Reefer Madness brochure under possible side effects: Paranoia.

Point accepted.

Counterpoint: they’ll never take me by surprise.

I never said they were not out to get you.

1 Like