Chess dot com can suck rotten eggs

Chess dot com is welcome to comment here. They have not addressed me, directly.

The facts are that I was attempting to engage in a directed, private message, with somebody that invited me to the platform. It was not public. It did not endanger the community. It didn’t even have the chance to offend the recipient, as they precluded it from being transmitted, but I’m pretty sure he would have been cool.

Chess dot com, you have rotten policies, and you have not addressed my concerns.

Apparently at chess.com there is no such thing as a true PM.

Nazis!

1 Like

I just sent them a terse but polite email asking them to specify which terms I violated, with proof.

1 Like

Probably the one that annoyed the mod that read the email.

I’m betting the wording is just vague enough to allow them to kick you out for any reason at all, including no reason at all.

Oh, it definitely is. I want to know why they were policing my PMs when I was just trying to get a game going. They could have had my eyeballs on ads for hours…

Chess is shit anyway

Hurling isn’t really safe indoors, tho

1 Like

Blood bowl FTW

1 Like

Yeah I also get temporary mute/chat -v in Wow Classic because I tell people what to do in the battlegrounds, especially if they’re really bad.

This appears to be a common thing in online gaming now, everyone is a snowflake and needs protection from serious gamers, even when playing the game of kings.

Smack talk is apparently being driven out of gamer culture. So stupid, and part of why I hang out here (better than 4chan, for sure).

1 Like

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will CRUSH MY SOUL FOREVER AND YOU NEED TO STOP, I’M GOING TO CRY. PLEASE STOP. STOP.

1 Like

I just go back to the one game world I can never be banned from: Starcraft I/II.

I run Minecraft and OpenSim servers here in the house, so we always have a place to go, if this shit gets too out of hand.

Still no response. I am unbanned, tho.

hqdefault

Are y’all motherfuckers trying to organize an invasion of a chess service?

Behold, my long silence is now broken, and I am made whole once more. The cunning Protoss have dared strike down that which was immortal. For the Protoss who murdered Zasz are unlike anything we have faced before. These Dark Templar radiate energies that are much like my own, and it is by these energies that they have caused me harm.

Yet shall their overweening pride be their downfall. For when the assassin Zeratul murdered Zasz, his mind touched with mine, and all his secrets were made known to me. I have taken from his mind the secret location of Aiur, the Protoss Homeworld. At long last, my children, our searching is done. Soon we shall assault Aiur directly.

• Jack Ritschel, 1998.

Invasion is such a strong word.

2 Likes

Viking has so much more aplomb

They still have not responded to my support request.

I’m really scraping the bottom of my brain pan to come up with a way to troll their tech support but I’m a little dumbfounded as to how.

Have you considered pretending to be a Make-A-Wish kid?

Makes sense seeing as if you insult mark hunt during a game he will come to your house.