Austin Protestor Shooting Thread

Now, Tucker Carlson, he is not a journalist, LOL.

Neither is Don Lemon.

The similarities are remarkable, to some degree.

LOL, well, it’s a competition to BE the oligarchy…

Carlson is the next Rush Limbaugh. A demagogue, in his own Right. Same is true for Lemon, and others. They are the talking heads that attempt to make sense of their selected news for their audiences.

It all depends on whose demagogue is getting gored.

Life in the fast lane, surely it will blow your mind, she used him, he used her, neither one cared…

I thought actual journalism was supposed to be an exercise in giving verified information in proper context as objectively as possible to the public.

1 Like

Show me an actual journalist.

Exactly. Let’s not pretend that there’s a political monopoly on bullshit.

Except “alternate facts” is an explicit strategy of the political Right these days. Outright falsehoods man.

I need you to acknowledge there is a difference in the amount and egregiousness of the abject lies, otherwise you either look like a mark for those, or are complicit in them.

Plenty of people on the right have acknowledged the same thing, and are working to restore some credibility back.

Saying “both sides” is ridiculous when one of those sides is worse. We have a whole ass article about this.

It depends on the meaning of the word “is.”

Exactly. Lying about a blowjob is significantly less egregious than lying about trying to strong arm an ally into lying about a political opponent ahead of an election, or lying that the election was stolen to rile up a crowd of insurrectionists.

Each is a lie, one is much less bad than the others. Pretending otherwise inescapably reflects on one’s character.

A lie is a lie. When you stack up enough that people can’t tell the difference, that redefines egregious.

1 Like

Pretending there’s no difference between small and big lies only serves the interest of those who tell big lies.

Pretending that there is a small lie serves the interest of those who lie.

Respectfully, why do we think that “Least Biased” meme means anything?

Or is legitimate in any way?

I’m not busting balls with this comment.

As a for instance, one logical contradiction in the meme itself, just as example, “uses very few loaded words”.

Bullshido communications are often 9 out of 10 high for using loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using an appeal to emotion or stereotypes).

So, we know that meme is wildly inaccurate on that example, which is from their own definition, with regards to Bullshido.

You know, we used to ban people for lying.

1 Like

I disagree.

As a matter of fact, it is more nuanced that just two sides, anyway.

There may be two major political parties in the U.S., but one cannot even really just divide things into Progressives versus Conservatives, as both of those labels each carry several heterogenous groups with different behaviors, and different objectives.

Nor can we simply divide things into “blacks” verus “whites” nor the reverse, as there are more than those two groups, and nor are those two groups internally homogenous in beliefs, nor behaviors.

As a matter of fact, the more a source attempts to reduce things down to a deceptively simplistic “Left” vs “Right” model or “Blacks” versus “Whites” model or other deceptive oppositional binaries,

The more likely that source is either a source and purveyor of misinformation, or simply naive and foolish.

One party dismantled abortion rights because of a belief in a bronze age diety, the other protected them. Acting like they’re the same is idiotsville.

Lol,

Let’s hold on a second.

The other idiot party is also largely for elective abortion up to the moment of labor, and gets massive lobbying dollars and graft from the multi-billion dollar abortion industry.

So, here is the problem.

It was a massive mistake to give government granted oligopoly political party power to just two political parties.

That drives almost every decision to: “who or which evil do I hate less?”

This is and was a major design mistake, in retrospect.

The Party Leadership of both the Democratic Party and Republican Party are utterly corrupt and parasitic on their respective bases, and both get flooded with donations, and graft, whenever one waggles it’s finger at the other.

I would also like to register a complaint: when the Democrats had both Congress, and the Presidency, where was the successful Federal legalization of Marijuana, and universal Medicare Part A passed for all Americans?

I am pissed about that failure to do anything remotely resembling keeping their word, in alignment with their stated missions.

instead what we got was “gun control is our number one priority”.

And, I am pissed about that bit of bullshit, too.

Both Parties’ leaderships are full of shit, and have more in common with each other than any of them do to regular Americans, or the day to day problems of regular Americans.

1 Like