41 Martial Arts Training Tourism And Nationalism With Alyxe Khei

Originally published at: 41 Martial Arts Training Tourism And Nationalism With Alyxe Khei - Bullshido

Ever dream about just saying “F it” and going to train an obscure martial art in a foreign country? Alyxe Khei did, and then lived that dream. He joins us on this episode of The Art of Fighting BS podcast to discuss tips and advice for people who want to visit exotic places and get punched by the people who live there, and we delve into the real history of Martial Arts and how ethno-nationalism looms over virtually every one of them.

sajdhflskjdfljk why isn’t the thumbnail showing up?

Agreed. Jr is an ethno nationalist stooge for sure.

Aloha, I was one of those guys who went overseas and traveled across the country at different times to study martial arts. I did a tour in Korea back in 1983-84 and traveled to various states around the mid-west, later moving for 20 years to Hawaii to study M.A. While some of the training was very good compared to what we got back in hometown U.S.A., the experience is most definitely not what the story book narratives even some of these major M. A. personalities make it out to be. Is it worth it? Depends on a whole host of factors–includng if you’re able to study at a level you would never have access to here at home–for the most part, I would consider moving within the contingent United States before jumping off to some foreign nation where scores of other obstacles await you besides training.

1 Like